x
Beta Member

How do I export activity log to see discounts taken?

Reports > Activity Log

Looking for a simple 'export' button here.  Filtering would be great, too.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hi @smokestackroast.  The activity log is not exportable or filterable.  However, if you go to Reports -> Discounts, you can create a discount report using all sorts of filters, then export it.

I hope that helps.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks for the info but we are looking to see the transaction data with it.  Essentially, we need to determine how the discount was used.  eg: employee discount used by this customer, etc.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

@smokestackroastAh.  I see, now.  That wasn’t clear, initially or I would have bypassed my original suggestion.  So sorry to have misunderstood the purpose of your request.

So, you can always submit a feature request here to ask the Reports product team to consider adding an export feature to the Activity Log.  That won’t happen any time soon, most likely.  There’s a process.

The only workaround I know would be for you to download both the Transactions CSV and the Item Details CSV, then use an Excel table (or PowerQuery) to link them and create the report you need.  Otherwise, I’m out of ideas, I’m sorry to say.  I do have a PowerQuery that links those two CSVs together to give you a head start, and could point you in the right direction to find the data columns you need.  Just let me know if that will help and we can trade contact info via a PM so as not to put sensitive information here on the public board.

Best,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Thanks so much!  I will submit a Feature request and wait.  Patiently.  😉

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

LOL.  FYI, be VERY clear about the scope of the data you need.  You need more than just a simple export here — you have specific needs and information you are trying to keep track of.  Screen shot what you see from the dashboard Activity Log, circle the information you are requesting be included in the export, etc.  This could actually be a completely new report that they decide to build based upon how in-depth you are getting.

Anyway, the point is the more detail the better.  And sell what you are suggesting — why it would not only benefit you but the larger Square ecosystem.  

Good luck!

Chip

Website
Facebook
Message 6 of 6