x

How do I file taxes when I have 30 vendors in my store as the 1099-k only shows total gross sales?

I own an antique store with 30 vendors renting booth space.  We ring their merchandise sales through the square, each vendor having their own number ID. The 1099-k we received shows total credit card sales for entire store. How do I file taxes when most of the income is the vendors? To show the IRS that that money is not all mine. Do I need to send a 1099-misc to each vendor and the IRS? Technically, I've been told that I do not have to give them a 1099 because they are selling merchandise???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hell, @marketmama - Welcome to the Seller Community!

We appreciate you posting your question here. When it comes to Square Sales tax, please take a look here at our Square Tax Reporting and Form 1099-K Overview here. 

When it comes to providing further details related to your questions, please reach out to a tax professional. We are not tax professionals therefore we cannot advise on what is the best course of action here. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2