x

How do you collect customer details, including emails?

After I have collected an email address from customer(s) how do I know what is the most recent? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

you'll want to start adding customer's using the customer directory feature of Square.  That way you can access all the information, if you only get an email for sending a receipt you don't have access to that for an email list.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5976-get-started-with-email-collection-tools

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6217-get-started-with-your-customer-directory

Message 2 of 16

Unless I overlooked it I'm needing to know if there's a way to see your most recent customers.  Those who added email addresses I'd like to add to my bulk mailing list as they requested.  The company I used doens't integrate with Square. 

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

this link should bring you to your customer list sorted by most recent first.  you can see if you added an email address for them in your customer directory.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/customers/directory?sortOrder=DESCENDING&sortType=LAST_VISITED_AT

Message 4 of 16

Thank you!  That got me where I needed to be! 

Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

I just started my online store and have the ability to collect emails for those who would like to subscribe to my newsletter. I did a test run and can't find out where the emails are going. I filtered down to 'Email Collection' and 'Online Store'. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 6 of 16
Admin

Hi @clavocat! Thanks for joining the Seller Community. 

That's strange that your customers who have entered their email on your website aren't showing under the Online Store creation source from your Directory. Can you try @VanKalkerFarms suggestion here and check if you have any of those Online Store customers in your Last Visited list and let me know?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

Interesting - @clavocat  - When you say you've collected their emails through your website, what exactly do you mean?

Do you mean the Weebly/Square Online Store Email Collection, or the Square Customer Directory Email Collection page/embedded code?

I know that the Square Customer Directory collected emails go under the Collected Emails Smart Group, but I'm not sure about the Weebly/Square Online Store Email Collection. Theoretically they should import, but they were not for a while, so maybe there's a misstep there?

Either way, they might not fall under "Most Recently Visited" or "Last Visited" because only their email address was collected, and if they didn't purchase anything, it probably wouldn't count as a Visit.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

Thank you for responding. I talked to Square/Weebly and the emails entered on the Weebly side ended under Weebly Marketing. I was unaware their own marketing section. So all good!

Thanks

Message 9 of 16
Super Seller Alumni

Perfect @clavocat - Glad it worked out!

Hopefully the emails will at some point be forwarded over to the Square Directory too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 10 of 16

I am realizing that our store has not been collecting our customers contact info which has now inhibited us from being able to market to our customers.

Message 11 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @shrusanemily

I moved your post to a thread with some helpful tips on adding customers. 

Check out the Best Answer by VanKalkerFarms with more info. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 16

How to I enable opt in box on contact form.  Radio button for opt in box is greyed out and will not slide on.  My Contact Us page has name e mail and message but no opt in opt out for promotion messages using submitted e mail.  I have published website and would like to add the opt in button for customers e mail.

Message 13 of 16
Admin

Hi there @whenrosesbloom-

Unless I'm misunderstanding the issue, this thread should address your question and point you in the direction of how to add the "customer collection" link to your site.

Please let me know if you're still needing help after sifting through this thread!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

When I run an Item Sales report all of the order info gets exported EXCEPT the customers email Is there a way to get that info included into that report. Or is there a better report to run to get name and contact info along with the purchase?

Message 15 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @madisonmud! I've merged your thread to an existing one where @pessosices and @clavocat had a conversation over a similar subject. 

Hopefully it help you out, but please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16