x

Is there a way to retrieve a customers phone number or email from a receipt?

I sent a cash receipt by text to a customer.  Is there anyway to retrieve that customer's cell phone number?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @LittleCritters, welcome to the Seller Community. 

If a customer entered their email address or phone number for a digital receipt you will not have access to this information. When a customer enters their information for a receipt we agree to only use this information to send them receipts or marketing materials from businesses they frequent. 

In the future I recommend checking out our Customer Directory. This allows you to create a profile for your customer and store their contact information. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hello @LittleCritters, welcome to the Seller Community. 

If a customer entered their email address or phone number for a digital receipt you will not have access to this information. When a customer enters their information for a receipt we agree to only use this information to send them receipts or marketing materials from businesses they frequent. 

In the future I recommend checking out our Customer Directory. This allows you to create a profile for your customer and store their contact information. 

Message 2 of 5

I texted one of my customers their receipt but I can’t seem to find who and where? Is there a place to find this information?

Message 3 of 5

Bump!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Athenasbyjenn

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that one of your fellow Square sellers created previously. 

Unless you stored their contact information within your Customer Directory, you're not able to access the phone numbers or email addresses that customers provide for their receipt preference. 

Message 5 of 5