x

How do I get imported items (from another square account) to show up in the new online store?

How do I get imported items (from another square account) to show up in the new online store?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @laurbanfarms — welcome to the seller community!

In order to list your items in your Online Store from another square account, you'll first have to import the item library over to your new account. For step-by-steps on how to do this, have a look at our Support Center: Transfer Items Between Square Accounts.

After that, follow these steps:

1. Click Goods and Services from in your Store Editor and hover over each text box to add the section details.
  2. Select Add or import items.
  3. Select Create New Item and click “Import from Library” to select the items you’d like to import to this section.
  4. Be sure to Save when you're finished.

If this doesn't clear things up, you can also contact a team member directly — we can then have a closer look at your account settings and provide further guidance. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @laurbanfarms — welcome to the seller community!

In order to list your items in your Online Store from another square account, you'll first have to import the item library over to your new account. For step-by-steps on how to do this, have a look at our Support Center: Transfer Items Between Square Accounts.

After that, follow these steps:

1. Click Goods and Services from in your Store Editor and hover over each text box to add the section details.
  2. Select Add or import items.
  3. Select Create New Item and click “Import from Library” to select the items you’d like to import to this section.
  4. Be sure to Save when you're finished.

If this doesn't clear things up, you can also contact a team member directly — we can then have a closer look at your account settings and provide further guidance. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

Can I import the online store from the other location?  We are a restaurant with two locations so we have the same menu.  It would be easier to port over the store liek we did with the menu for the register.  

The only difference is that the second store will print tickets at the second restaurant.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Message 3 of 10

Hello @UMelt, that is a great question! I went ahead and moved your post to this thread, because it's a fairly similar question. 

So you won't be able to do a seamless import for the Online Store like the menu. Mainly, because the online store requires you to make some formatting choices for the site.

Never the less, once you have your sections created you can import items from your library, rather than creating new items for the Online Store. Check out Tom's answer above on how to import items. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help out with. 😀

Message 4 of 10

Hello! We are collaborating with another restaurant and want them to import our menu items .. and visa versa.

How do we do this?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @lali 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here again on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread about Importing & Exporting items that I think you will find helpful. The thread is based around importing to the Online Store specifically, but the import and export process surrounding it are identical.

There is a helpful Best Answer from Tom, which included a specific Support Center resource that will walk you through the process step by step.

That should get you where you need to be! Let me know if you have an questions. I am here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

Hello! We are collaborating with another restaurant and want them to import our menu items .. and visa versa.

How do we do this?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10

Hi again, @lali - just a quick heads up that I am also going to merge this identical post over to that separate thread for record keeping.

Again, let me know if anything else comes up! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 8 of 10

I am migrating form Shopify to Square. 

What is the best way to input all of my current products from Shopify over to Square?

Is there a way I can import all of the products, descriptions and prices or must I add each one one at a time?

Message 9 of 10

Hi! Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help get you on the right path, but the best thing to do is to import your items into the Square Dashboard through the Import/Export tool under Items. You will need to use our template (you can export this on the dashboard as well), but that will be the fasted way to do this. Your only other option will be to manually enter in all your items into Square. 

AshleyK
Message 10 of 10