x

How do I get my business name to show up on my customer's credit card charges?

How do I get my business name to show up on my customer's credit card charges? Now it says Unknown

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can enter your business name that appears on receipts and credit card statements, as well as other information at the following link: https://squareup.com/dashboard/account

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can enter your business name that appears on receipts and credit card statements, as well as other information at the following link: https://squareup.com/dashboard/account

Message 2 of 6

I did that when I set up my account, but my first buyer reports his credit card company lists my company name as Unkown. 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

@DigitalRabbit the business name you list in your account settings should be what appears on your customer's receipts and credit card statements. (Thanks @VanKalkerFarms for the link!)

I'd recommend trying a test payment with a credit card where you can check your statement. If it says "unknown" for you as well, this may be something we need to escalate to our Support Team directly. If it turns up correctly for you, it may have just been a temporary glitch, or something to do with the customer's credit card account. Let me know if you have a chance to test this out and we'll take it from there. 

Message 4 of 6

Acutally, it was my husband who did the test charge. I am trying to escalate to Weebly, but they say it is you. I have the business name listed in Sqare and in Weebly.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Hmm, if you've taken another payment and you see the same thing happening, we may need to look into your account specifically. Since this is a public forum, we don't want to get into too many personal details here, but you are welcome to email or call our Support Team so we can get it fixed!

Message 6 of 6