x

How do I give my customer a receipt for their transaction

I can't figure out how to give my customer a receipt. I thought I could send it to her email address, but it didn't give me anywhere to do so. 

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question! At the end of a sale, you will be automatically prompted to enter in a customers email address or phone number to receive their digital receipt. If you are not prompted to enter the information at the end of the sale, it means that your customer's payment card is associated with their contact information so they will receive automatic receipts (Register will automatically send them, you don't need to do anything!)

At the end of a sale that is not associated with automatic receipts, you'll see this page and can enter in the contact information right there!  

You can also resend your customer's receipts at anytime. How you resend the receipts from your app varies depending on what device you are using, check out our Support Center for step-by-step instructions for resending receipts.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Please do not share my profile.

Message 2 of 10
Square

Check out the information above for all you need to know about sending receipts!

(PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Square

Best Answer

Great question! At the end of a sale, you will be automatically prompted to enter in a customers email address or phone number to receive their digital receipt. If you are not prompted to enter the information at the end of the sale, it means that your customer's payment card is associated with their contact information so they will receive automatic receipts (Register will automatically send them, you don't need to do anything!)

At the end of a sale that is not associated with automatic receipts, you'll see this page and can enter in the contact information right there!  

You can also resend your customer's receipts at anytime. How you resend the receipts from your app varies depending on what device you are using, check out our Support Center for step-by-step instructions for resending receipts.

Message 4 of 10

Thank you! I was going nuts trying to figure out why it wasn't asking me for an email address on a credit card transaction. 

Message 5 of 10

So after I charge the customer it just prompts them to sign and says transaction complete. Why isn’t it asking them if they want the reciept as a text or email address? It would be better for me because then I could easily save their email address 

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Great question, @Threads!

In this case, it sounds like your customer may already have already linked their email or phone number linked to their card with another Square seller for receipt purposes. Once they've linked their contact information, the receipt will go through automatically when they process a card payment with any Square seller—the screen won't show up. More information here: Automatic Receipts.

Hope this helps clear things up! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 7 of 10
Admin

Oops, one more thing! Regarding saving the email address, we do offer a variety of email collection tools for that as well. For more details, have a look at this article: Get Started With Email Collection Tools.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 8 of 10

What if a customer pays you in cash and you would like to send them a receipt? I'm having trouble finding how to do this and I thought I had this all figured out. Haha 

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LawnPROofKy - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I'm not sure if you're looking for digital or printed receipts but I've included links with instructions to both.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10