x

How do I implement a 2-for-$10 promotion?

I want to be able to implement a 2 for $10 promotion: the item would ring for regular price unless 2 items are sold then each item would adjust in price to be $10.

i.e.  Each item is 6.99 individually, but if I sell 2 of them each item would get a 1.99 discount so the total would be $10.00. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately there's no way to adjust automatically for quantity. You could have two different price points set up under that item, but you'd have to manually select the discounted price when needed. That's our way to work around this. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

Unfortunately there's no way to adjust automatically for quantity. You could have two different price points set up under that item, but you'd have to manually select the discounted price when needed. That's our way to work around this. 

Message 2 of 7

How would you create 2 different price points? Modifiers?

Message 3 of 7
Square

Hi @martik9. I believe that VanKalkerFarms was referring to item variants or price points - not modifiers. Having said that - it wouldn't work well with inventory, as each variant would be tracked separately. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 7

Im thinking you could create it as its own category so if the customer does have that ordered just key in that special. just label it "2 for 1", set the pricing for 10.00 etc.  Then, after your done with it, simply keep it or just delete it

Message 5 of 7

That's sounds viable, but you wouldn't be able to track inventory on the product, correct? And couldn't use a barcode SKU either, since it would already be entered as a single product. Correct? Just trying to figure out the best and least confusing way to do this for employee sake.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks BJA, that's what I ended up doing. Won't do anything to track inventory, but it's not many items, so I'm ok with that. 

Message 7 of 7