x

How do I integrate Wix with Square Point of Sale?

I have read on both the Square site and on Wix that I can have a point of sale that connects with my wix store. How do I do this? After much looking around all I can find is that Square integrates onto the Wix online ecommerce site, but I can't figure out how to set up a point of sale on my iPad. Anyone know what I am missing?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here is the help page for getting started with Wix and Square. Now as far as how to set up Point of sale on your iPad you first need to download the app Search Square in the app store.  Here is the help page for setting up your point of sale.  Let us know if there is anything else you need.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here is the help page for getting started with Wix and Square. Now as far as how to set up Point of sale on your iPad you first need to download the app Search Square in the app store.  Here is the help page for setting up your point of sale.  Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Message 2 of 15

HI are the fees different to use saure as a pos with the wix app? What are the fees either way

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

Here are all Squares Fees.  The only added fee would be from Wix for website service.

Message 4 of 15

I am having the same issue. Did it change as this was from a few years ago. I want to use Square Point of Sale along with my wix website. We have a brick and morter store and want to do online shopping. and have it all go thru the square point of sale. Please help! 

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hi @Inspired2Shine, thanks for your interest!

We have an integration with Wix, though you'd still have to build out your Item Library with Point of Sale. The good news is that you can import your items in bulk using our import tool: Import Items Online.

For general information on activating your account, have a look at our setup guide: Square Get Started Guide.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction—let us know if any questions remain!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 15

All of the answers seem to lead in circles to adding Square to a Wix site as a payment processor (which is straightforward and was not the question), or to saying that you can upload your Wix catalogue in bulk to Square Dashboard and then use that as your POS, but I still don’t understand how the two communicate. Or do they? I know how to use the Wix POS phone app with the option to choose Square payment method...and then of course inventory is updated. But how to use Square Items dashboard to make a sale and have that removed from Wix website. Am I imagining that I saw this option? It’s what the above question is asking.

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

@Kindr Did you ever get an answer to your question?  I have a wix website and a I just purchased a square point of sale and I would like to know the same thing.

Message 8 of 15

The integration does not allow for sales made on Wix to be deducted from inventory in Square.  You will have to setup one as your main inventory base and then manually adjust the other, as needed.  (If you make more online sales, then update the Square POS.  If you make more brick and mortar / in person sales, then update your Wix site.)

There are some third party programs that are supposed to do this (Sync Penguin, Stitch, etc.) but I have not tried them.  The other alternate is to start over with a new website utilizing Square's Weebly software. There is no charge for the basic Square online store with Weebly.  

Message 9 of 15

There is a problem with this integration on POS.  I have it connected on my WIX store.  I did a POS sale and clicked credit card.  I already have the Square app on my tablet, but it did not open.  I had to go and open the app and when I did none of the information from the sale in WIX was there.  I processed the sale and went back to WIX and the cart was still sitting there as if no transaction had occurred.  I believe this is the issue the user is speaking off.  I contacted support and was told to go to Apps and connect it.  However, when I go to apps and select Wix it says get started.  I already have a WIX store so I logged in, but no connection was made.  I went through this weird loop for about an hour before finding this thread.

Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jeweline - thanks for reaching out and sharing this issue with us here. This sounds frustrating indeed, but I appreciate you being so thorough and sharing the troubleshooting you've tried so far.

Have you tried reaching out to Wix directly for support on this one? It sounds like the steps you are taking are correct, but the connection is still not fully processing a connection with your Wix account.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 15

Has ANYONE figured out how to integrate Square POINT OF SALE (caps intended) with Wix, as you can now do with Weebly? The answers here don't resolve the question. I want customers to have the ability to place an order from the online ordering in Wix and pass that order to my Square POS, so that the order is sent to my kitchen printer/display.

Its great that this works with Weebly, but Weebly isn't my first choice in CMS/merchant platforms...

Message 12 of 15

I am also trying to do this????  I have my Wix site built and was under the impression that Square and Wix were compatible?  I didn't like Weebly at all!  I hired someone to build the Wix site and now we can't run a live inventory?  Please tell me I am misunderstanding this conversation.  

Message 13 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Eyesoftheworld,

Thanks for being a member of the Community.

Have you checked this Best Answer out? 

Let me know if this works.

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Message 15 of 15