x

How do I make generic coupon?

I wanted to make a generic coupon to use whenever somebody mentions that they saw a certain poster. With this coupon though, i wanted a max amount that the percentage would take off. Is it possible?

Message 1 of 14
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can create a discount that can be used online or instore.  You can only create a percent or $ off but you can't restrict it to a limit.  

Now with Square Marketing you can send out a % off coupon offer and restrict it to a max $ off, even restrict it to an item or category and set an expiration date.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

@GrateB There's unfortunately not a way to have multiple discounts within one email marketing campaign. What you could do is send one campaign that promotes multiple discounts/sales that you're having in your store. When a customer comes in and mentions the discount, you can already have them created in your POS and just apply it to the sale at the time.

I hope this makes sense!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can create a discount that can be used online or instore.  You can only create a percent or $ off but you can't restrict it to a limit.  

Now with Square Marketing you can send out a % off coupon offer and restrict it to a max $ off, even restrict it to an item or category and set an expiration date.

Message 2 of 14

How do I add multiple coupons in price tier format based of percent off with fixed dollar amount?

Would like to send multiple coupons in one campaign. 

Message 3 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

@GrateB There's unfortunately not a way to have multiple discounts within one email marketing campaign. What you could do is send one campaign that promotes multiple discounts/sales that you're having in your store. When a customer comes in and mentions the discount, you can already have them created in your POS and just apply it to the sale at the time.

I hope this makes sense!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Coupon question

Hi! I am trying to make a coupon code to be applied to one service and have my customer be able to enter a coupon to get a discount. In the past I was able to do this but now I can make the coupon--but I don't see

1) how to apply it to one service and

2) I don't see a box to apply the coupon code upon check out. 

Thanks so much if you have any info on this.

Message 5 of 14
Admin

Hello @kirboncher! It sounds like you might have created a discount in the past. As the owner you can apply a discount to a sale from the app, but it's not the same as a Square Marketing coupon or an Online Store promo code. This thread has a bit more information about discounts vs coupon codes. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reply!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 14

I created a discount code but my clients, nor I, can see any place to input the code during checkout. What am i doing wrong? Thank you

Message 7 of 14
Admin

Hi @healinginengery!

Did you create the discount code for your Square Online Store? Or for your booking site? 

Here are instructions for creating and redeeming coupons/discounts for your Square Online site. Discounts do not currently work with Square Appointment's booking sites. Sorry about that! Let me know if that answers your question or not. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Any way to accept manufacture coupons? (ex. Gatorade, Aquafina, Muscle Milk)

these coupons typically have a barcode to scan

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Hey @shaq! There isn't a way to create or accept scannable barcode coupons I'm afraid. Take a look at the Best Answer in this thread for more infromation about creating discounts or using Square Marketing to send coupon codes.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 14

I want to make a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase.  Does anyone know how of it this can be done?

Message 11 of 14
Admin

Hi @jamesdnt! I'm afraid there isn't a way to activate your marketing coupon discount so that it only takes off a certain amount. 

I moved your question here so you can at least see how to create a general marketing coupon. 

If any other questions come up, let us know!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 12 of 14

I have a discount where if they refer to how many people, they will get the next service free so is there an option to enter $0.00 amount from the "Discount" tab or manually enter 0.00 when I checkout my client from the Square Appointment using the Terminal?

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Hey @mardemgofficial 

Just create a percentage discount of 100%. At checkout, select the discount from item menu to apply to the sale. 

Link in the best answer above on this thread to create a discount. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14