x

Is it possible to have multiple customers book an appointment at the same time?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do I make it to where there can be multiple appointments at the same time?

I am looking to learn how to make it possible to have multiple customers book an appointment at the same time.

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community, @JodiDreamcatche 👋 

I've moved your post over to this thread where another seller had the same question. @Chad's suggestion is what I would recommend taking a look at - you're able to book two clients within the same time slot directly from your Square Dashboard, or within your Square Appointments app. This is what you'll see on your calendar once you've set up two appointments in the same time slot:

It isn't currently possible for a client to schedule their own appointment using the booking site, if an appointment is already scheduled during the time slot. We are tracking this as a Feature Request within this thread - feel free to subscribe to it, as we will be sure to post an update if we have any news from our product team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

You basically need to create additional "staff" members. The system will allow a number of simultaneous bookings equal to the number of "staff" it thinks it has available.

The downside of using this as a work-around is that Appointments costs based on the number of staff listed, so the more simultaneous bookings you want the more the monthly fee to use Appointments.

Message 2 of 39

Hello @ZachN42

Thanks @DaoDeJing for going over how to do this with the Online Booking! The other option is to manually book the appointments on your calendar. If customers are contacting you for booking, you can book multiple clients in the same time slot without creating additional staff. 

Message 3 of 39

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Booking Two Clients at one time

Is it possible to book two clients at one time? I offer horse riding lessons, with two horses. I need to be able to have two sessions available in each time slot.

Message 4 of 39
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community, @JodiDreamcatche 👋 

I've moved your post over to this thread where another seller had the same question. @Chad's suggestion is what I would recommend taking a look at - you're able to book two clients within the same time slot directly from your Square Dashboard, or within your Square Appointments app. This is what you'll see on your calendar once you've set up two appointments in the same time slot:

It isn't currently possible for a client to schedule their own appointment using the booking site, if an appointment is already scheduled during the time slot. We are tracking this as a Feature Request within this thread - feel free to subscribe to it, as we will be sure to post an update if we have any news from our product team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 39

Is this feature available for clients to parallel book. I will be offering group sessions for my fitness business, I need this feature.

Message 6 of 39

Is this still a Feature Request? Seems like a lot of people are interested in this ability, myself included. It seems crazy that the customer can't book a time that is already booked and the only workaround if for me to go into the system and manually do it. Especially when our settings have it set to allow a certain number of appointments. I need to be able to have 2-3 appointments available for customers to book online through the appointments app that all have the same start time. Please add this feature!

Message 7 of 39

I'm a barber.....A client has 2 boys for haircuts, how do they book 1 service twice or can they?

Message 8 of 39
Admin

Hi @Dev910- Thanks for posting! 

I moved your question here where you'll see that Valentina talks about this being a feature request at the moment. But she does talk about a workaround that should help you out.

Let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 39
Super Seller

@Dev910 as a detailer, id run into the same issue with clients having multiple vehicles. I created a package called "multiple vehicles" and it specifies to only select that. Perhaps create a package that is "2 kids cuts" and make it in time whatever your avg kid cut is x2. Hope this helps!

Message 10 of 39
Beta Member

It just let me use 1 spot and I need two

Message 11 of 39
Admin

Hi @Flashwashh. Customers aren't able to schedule themselves during the same time as another, but you can do this through your Dashboard or app. Valentina's Best Answer goes over how you can get this done!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 12 of 39

We need clients to book their own appointments at the same time, especially if we are grouping appointments. 

Message 13 of 39
Beta Member

The best way is to set your booking to be "Variable" for your items when you are creating your services. 

This will allow your users to put in notes that they have 2 people for the time slot. You can then charge them if their card is saved in file. But you will have to do it manually via wizard like walk thru clicking thru.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Davisson

Message 14 of 39
Super Seller Alumni

@Dev910 & @EcoAutoClean 

For the case of the 2 boys for 1 barber, and 2 cars with 1 detailer, there's a solution:

There's the setting to allow the selection of multiple services.

So as long as it's the same person providing the service, the client can select multiple services, and it will automatically extend the length of time of the appointment to accommodate the extra work.

This should do what you want it to do.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.44.36 AM.png

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 15 of 39
Super Seller

Yes there is that.. which I forgot because it doesn’t work for us. We have packages that are for cars and packages that are for SUVs. So if it’s two suvs that same package can’t be selected more than once. 

Message 16 of 39
Super Seller Alumni

Ah interesting - I didn't realize that was a limitation that you couldn't select the same service twice

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 17 of 39

This will not work for me. I have multiple clients at the same time.

Message 18 of 39

I run a jet ski/boat rental service and My customers are unable to book multiple jet ski’s at the same time if they book 2 jet ski’s for 2 hours it will make them book for 4 hours instead of 2 is there a work around for this?

Message 19 of 39
Admin

Hey @SurfandripValentina's Best Answer on this thread addresses the issue you're running into. Take a look there for help!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 20 of 39
Beta Member

I have the same issue. I want multiple clients to be able to book the one time slot. I also want to limit how many clients can do this. I want them to be able to book themselves into the group class that I am offering. This issue seems to have been going on for a while. Any sight of a fix?

Message 21 of 39