x

How do I manually enter a charge on a laptop without the card present?

Am I able to manually process payments without having a card reader or mobile application? Im attempting to process them on a laptop is this possible to do on the website? if so how?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Quick update to this thread!

You can now take payments on a computer or laptop using Square's Virtual Terminal. This Support Center article has more information about getting started with Virtual Terminal and the fee for a Virtual Terminal payment is 3.5% + 15¢ of the total transaction amount.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

You can not process the cards on a computer.  but you can manually enter credit card numbers for a sale in the Square Register APP on your phone or tablet.

It costs more to accept CC via manual entry because there is a much higher fraud risk.  It is 3.5% for manually keyed Credit Cards.

Message 2 of 10

You could also send invoices. They're free and super easy to send. When the customers enter their CC# you the fee is 2.9% + 30c.

Message 3 of 10

so how do i get the app to my new desktop

cant find a way ro key the card in

Message 4 of 10
Square

@toddhobbs We don't have the ability to manually enter cards in on any computer, laptop or desktop. To manually process cards, you will need to download the register onto a phone or tablet device. 

You are able to send invoices from your Dashboard on computer. 

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Quick update to this thread!

You can now take payments on a computer or laptop using Square's Virtual Terminal. This Support Center article has more information about getting started with Virtual Terminal and the fee for a Virtual Terminal payment is 3.5% + 15¢ of the total transaction amount.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10

I am relatively new and have only processed three payments. One was done manually on my computer, one was done over the telephone and one by running it through with my credit card the Cube attachment.  I am confused now, because it has been awhile and I wanted to do the payment like I did before by manually inputting the credit card information using my computer.  Do they not do this any longer?

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

you can here in Virtual Terminal on your Square dashboard.  This thread is a very old thread from mostly before it was possible.

https://squareup.com/dashboard/terminal

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5807

Message 8 of 10

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Is there a way to use square on a desk top and key in the card number" The author has been notified via email.

IS there a way to use square on a desk top and key in the card number? If you have experience with this I would appreciate a call to my office number at [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 9 of 10

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I get to the page where I can place a manual sale without scanning" The author has been notified via email.

How do I get to the page to enter a phone order

Message 10 of 10