x

How do I not have modifiers print on receipts?

It would be nice to have the ability to not have modifiers print on the receipts - this would save paper - how can we do this ? 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm new and just setting up my menu but, unless I'm misunderstanding, I think this is already and option that you can set up in a couple of places:

Edit items > Modifier Sets > Customize > Check "Hide modifiers from customer".

Point of Sale > Service Settings > Printed Receipt > Toggle "Minimize Receipt Length".

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hello @Simwen, I'm afraid it's not possible to 'hide' modifiers on a printed receipt. Do you have quite a few modifiers? If you can share how you use modifiers maybe the Community can help you with a workaround! 

@Simwen I stand corrected! Check out the steps provided by @Stanley. To customize modifiers click on an Item from your online Square Dashoard and you'll see the option to 'Customize' the modifier. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

I'm new and just setting up my menu but, unless I'm misunderstanding, I think this is already and option that you can set up in a couple of places:

Edit items > Modifier Sets > Customize > Check "Hide modifiers from customer".

Point of Sale > Service Settings > Printed Receipt > Toggle "Minimize Receipt Length".

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Looking for a creative way to hide modifiers on the POS screen.  My solution now is to add spacers "----" but if pressed they display on the kitchen ticket.  I have a long list of mods that I can hide/show online but not on the POS iPad square stand. 

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hello @Usernm1Stanley's Best Answer here should do the trick for you. 👍

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you for that, however my problem is that I have a vast library of mods.  We don't have a customer facing display and I need to hide/limit the amount of mods my cashiers can see/select.  I have 3 pricing tiers for my items and mods, in store/online/doordash.  I have this because one set will cover; Protein choice/item specific mods/add ons/side choice which is easier for reporting.  I know you can customize the display on Menus tab on Dashboard but you cannot move or organize your mod display to make some items out of view so they won't be selected by the cashier. 

Message 6 of 6