x

How do I print a monthly card spend statement?

I need a monthly statement of purchases made with our square card so our bookkeeper can reconcile our account at the end of each month. I am able to create the report under Deposits, Card Reader, but when I click on "Export", it gives just a very raw screen, instead of a printable report to send to my bookkeeper. Even when I click on print in my browser, it still doesn't give a usable statement. Where can I just create a monthly card spend statement, similar to the sales reports.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @Tarra32! What exactly do you mean by a "very raw screen"? Is it showing anything at all? Would you mind taking a screen shot of what you're seeing and either posting it here or sending it to me in a direct message (to protect any personal information that might appear)?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 13

This is exactly the problem I'm having and I can't believe it's not a huge issue for everyone. I'd like to know how to create this report so it's like the others - easy to use, in a format that easily convert to a spreadsheet, etc. I'm very frustrated!

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SMLLC and welcome to the Community!

I appreciate your feedback around the Square Card reporting.

From the Square Dashboard- you should be able to Export the Card Spend screen that will export it to an Excel spreadsheet that you can print.

Is there something you specifically don't like about it being Excel or more specifically what you're looking for with it? I'd like to pass your feedback along to our Reporting team. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

Unfortunately, it doesn’t export to an excel file, it exports to another web browser tab and is not in a format that can even be copied and pasted to excel.

Message 5 of 13

@SMLLC That's strange! I just tested it on my end and it brought up Excel for me.

Can you try using a different browser and let me know if it does the same thing?

Ashley C
Message 6 of 13

Good call, thank you for the suggestion. It won’t work on Safari, but it worked on Chrome. Thanks so much!

Message 7 of 13

@SMLLC Ah yes that totally makes sense!

Our Dashboard works best with Chrome or Firefox.

I'm so glad that worked!!

Ashley C
Message 8 of 13

@ashc I am using Chrome and cannot export my transactions. It is not downloading as an excel file.

To be honest, I am quite disappointed Square does not offer a monthly statement for card spend transactions. This greatly deters me from using the card. It has been extremely difficult to reconcile monthly. Publication1.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

I've tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox, and it won't open in Excel in either program. Please advise.

Message 10 of 13
Super Seller Alumni

I have exported my report but when I open it, it gives a list of program options to open it with, and Excel is not one of them. Yes, I have excel on my computer. All other reports I export thru Square will open in Excel, but for some reason, not the Card Spend Export. I also agree with others, that it needs to be more easily readable, for example, why can't it look in print the way it looks on the screen? When I open it in other programs, all the info is written in tiny font and all jammed together with no spacing. Makes for difficult translation, and my CPA won't even entertain the thought of trying to decipher it that way.  Please advise. Thanks.

Message 11 of 13

When you go to export, it shows as only a file with basic transactions on it. I am trying to apply for a grant and they need something with my name on it. This is a horrible system and they will not accept this as proof of transactions. Need something that has a format like the bank sends l. Beginning balance/ ending balance. Please help me as the grant I am applying for is going to save my business from the pandemic.

Message 12 of 13
Alumni

Hi @AngryFishSales -

I'm not aware of any official statements that's available with Square Card activity on it. 

Check with CS to see what's available to you.

Justin
Message 13 of 13