x
Beta Member

How do I print order tickets from my Square Terminal?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Printer Order Ticket From Terminal

Is it possible to print an order ticket from the Square Terminal? I know I can print receipts, but my restaurant is only open for carryout right now, and so not being able to print name/time is rough. Any ideas? I know I can get a separate printer for printing order tickets, but I'm hoping I don't need to. 

thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

This is possible, @marascafe!

This article outlines how to print order tickets - in the ​​​​​​first section of the page, it addresses an important bit of information you'll need in order to print order tickets from your Terminal:

Order tickets will automatically print after every sale, even if a customer receipt isn’t printed. Note that on Terminal, you’ll have to tap the “print receipts” button after the transaction is completed to print order tickets on the internal Terminal printer. This is not the case, however, if you print to external printers from Terminal.

I hope this is helpful! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you! Just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, I cannot print order tickets directly from the Square Terminal, I have to buy a separate printer to do that? 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

No, that isn't correct - you can print order tickets directly from the Square Terminal:

Note that on Terminal, you’ll have to tap the “print receipts” button after the transaction is completed to print order tickets on the internal Terminal printer

I hope this helps clear things up for ya, @marascafe! 🌥

Valentina
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying!

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi there! Following up on this thread. If we have an open tab with a customer, and we want to print the order ticket does it print everything on the whole tab or can we print just the recently ordered items? Rather than printing it as a receipt we want to print it as an order as orders are added to the ticket. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

At this time, printing newly added items to an open ticket is considered a Feature Request @tenthwardco

I will make sure to pass this one over to our product team for their visibility and consideration.

JJ
Message 7 of 7