x

How do I redeem the $10 for the free magstripe reader?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How to apply my coupon for $10]

When I purchased my square at target it said that I get $10 back! Can you help with that 

Message 1 of 56
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Garrettreta!

When you purchased your reader, there was a white Quick Start Guide inside the packaging of the reader.
The redemption code should be printed on the inside. 

You can enter that redemption code here, and we’ll send $10 to your linked bank account.

Please get in touch with us by phone or email if you experience any difficulties with this process.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 29 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

I have my settings set to manual transfers. But the $10 never showed up in my Square account balance

Message 43 of 56
Square Community Moderator

Have you already used the redemption code found in the packaging of your reader on here

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 56

Hello,

I tried inputting my redemption code in order to receive my $10 I spent buying the square. However, I do not see a link to put the redemption code. 

Message 45 of 56
Admin

Hey @littleculturala.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble redeeming the $10 after purchasing a Magstripe Reader. Please take a look at my comment above for where to enter the code. I hope this helps. If not, let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 46 of 56

I bought a square at staples I was told I can input that into my profile for a refund.   Where do I input that? 

Jerry

Message 47 of 56

Hi there, @Jerryc 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding redemption codes - this will help for recording keeping on our end.

You can enter your Square redemption code here. Cheers!

Joe
Message 48 of 56

I received my Square reader, but do not see the redemption code. I ordered it from Square directly

Message 49 of 56

Hey @SympliFi,

Redemption codes only come in the packaging for readers you buy in store.

If you ordered one on the website- you would of had to check out for it a certain way through your brand new account and under > Account & Settings on the Dashboard.

If this is your first reader with us- please contact our direct CS team for reimbursement. 

Ashley C
Message 50 of 56

I tried to enter my codes but the response for both of my codes were: I have already redeemed them. I Just opened the package! I bought these readers BECAUSE of the money back! Some one needs to contact me immediately please 

Message 51 of 56
Alumni

Sorry for the trouble. We don't schedule outbound calls here from the Community but our CS will help. Reach out to them with the redemption code and a screenshot of your receipt so they apply the codes to your account manually. 

@FedexGirl

Justin
Message 52 of 56

I have looked all over and typed in every number on the box? Help!!

Message 53 of 56

Hi @Kenzie3,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

This only pertains to the magstripe reader also.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 54 of 56

How can I redeem the $10 coupon from my dashboard? I've been at square.com/redeem and ever since the first time it response with "this code is invalid or has been used".  I bought a Square reader at Best Buy. If I can mail my coupon to you (that was included inside my box when I purchased it) what is the address that I mail it to? The Market street address in CA?

Message 55 of 56
Alumni

No need to mail it. Just reach out to CS with the code and proof of purchase. They'll manually redeem it for you.

@Con

Justin
Message 56 of 56