x

How do I remove Square for Retail?

How do I remove Square for Retail... I accidently accepted the trial and do not want it.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Hi @steever56, you can unsubscribe from your Pricing and Subscriptions page. Sign in there in order manage any subscriptions you have with Square, including Square for Retail. Thanks!

Message 2 of 24

There is no where to unsubscribe. Only a link to subscribe @ $60/month

Message 3 of 24
Square

Ah, happy to clarify @steever56

If you haven't fully subscribed to Square for Retail, there’s no need to cancel your free trial. Rest assured that you won’t be charged after the free trial ends unless you decide to subscribe.

You’ll have access to your Square for Retail features throughout the entire 30-day trial period. At the end of the trial, you’ll be notified that 30-days has passed. 

Hope that helps!

Message 4 of 24

What if I don't want to wait till the end of my trial? 

Message 5 of 24
Square

Hi @missclaub. We don't currently offer the ability to cancel the free trial, but we'll be sure to pass along your suggestion to our product liaison team. Thanks for taking the time to post! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 24

Good question. We shouldn't have to.

Message 7 of 24

I too want to shut if off. I won't be paying $60 a month so why even play around with it. It seems rather obvious Square is forcing this on us even if we decide we don't want it. Is a free TRIAL only to benefit Square? I'm through with my trial. Why can't I stop my trial? That's not fair.

Message 8 of 24
Alumni

Hi @Jesse111 - sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the free trial and thanks for posting.
As @Sean mentioned, there is not currently a way to end the trial early, but we will definitely make sure to pass your feedback along to the Product Liaison Team so they can look into this. 

Message 9 of 24

Unlike most trial subscriptions that automatically start charging you once the trial is over, Square for Retail only charges you if you agree to continue using it after the trial ends. Therefore, there is really no need to cancel the trial; it will cancel itself when it runs out, without charging you anything.

Message 10 of 24

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Tried 30 day free trial for Retail and decided the POS would be sufficient for my business.”. The original author has been notified via email.

Can I change my account from the free Retail trial to the Square POS before the free trial ends?

We are trying to start a business and the sooner the better. 

Would it be better for me to cancel my Retail account and start over? 

Any help is welcome! 

Thanks,

Hannah 

Message 11 of 24
Super Seller

Message 12 of 24

Thank you for the fast reply. 

When I go to the first link you gave me goes to my subscription page, the link on the free trial subscription asks me to subscribe. I don't want to subscribe and have to pay for a month of retail that I will not be using. 

Would it be better for me to deactivate my account and start a new one?

Again thank you!

Hannah

Message 13 of 24
Super Seller

you shouldn't have to restart.  I'm not 100% sure as I have not done these steps myself but they seem straightforward.  odd that it doesn't seem to know you are in Square retail now.  @Russell or @Kpay or @Chad what do you advise?

Message 14 of 24

I am in the free trial for Retail and I think that is what the problem is. 

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Message 15 of 24
Alumni

Thanks @VanKalkerFarms for flagging this. 

@WindblownFibers - I merged your posts here to this thread. From what I understand, you can return to Point of Sale after the Square for Retail trial has ended. 

@Kpay and I are looking into what we can do to help you and other sellers that want to return to Point of Sale sooner than the 30-day trial. Please hang in there and we'll get back to you here with an update.

Message 16 of 24

Thank you for your help @Russell

One more Question...will the Items that I entered into the Retail transfer over to POS on their own or will I have to re-enter those Items.  

Message 17 of 24
Alumni

Hi again @WindblownFibers - I have to be honest, I don't know for sure all of the details on switching from Square for Retail to Square Point of Sale (and visa versa). @Kpay and I have reached out to our Square for Retail team to get you the best answers. 

Please hang in there, I'll update you as soon as I get your the best information. 

Message 18 of 24

Thank you so much for starting a business easy for us! 

Message 19 of 24
Alumni

Hi again @WindblownFibers

Thanks for being patient while I looked into this. It seems that I may have misunderstood some of the details about the Square for Retail trial. You won't be able to end the trial early - but you can definitely stop using Retail and return to the Square Point of Sale app before the trial is over. 

As for your Item Library, please double check your Dashboard - make sure this reflects the items you intended. 

Message 20 of 24

This just doesn't make sense.  I too, clicked on something that should have been just TELLING ME what Square for Retail was all about - not automatically begin a free trial I wasn't agreeing to yet.  What if we wanted to have a REAL free trial down the road?  Now we are wasting it because of this involuntary process.   >:-\

Message 21 of 24