x

How do I remove Square for Retail?

How do I remove Square for Retail... I accidently accepted the trial and do not want it.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Retail8155

We can get this taken care of for you and sorry to hear that this happened. 

We can remove the free trial for you if you need, just reach out to us directly and we'll get you squared away. 

Message 22 of 24

How do I reach out to you directly? That link gave me no options to talk to a real person. I need to remove this trial I did NOT sign up for and return to Square POS. I need to do this because I need to know what features are available on POS. Please help me return to Square POS asap.

Message 23 of 24

The same thing happened to us on March 21 of this year. We just wanted more information before considering a free trial, which we weren't ready to start. Today we received an email that our free trial is ending tomorrow. That's only 27 days. We definitely don't want to switch to Square for Retail from Square POS at our visitor center sites because the transaction fees will raise the cost of processing for purchases under $40 total, which is the majority of our sales, as well as adding $60/mo. per location. Which app is best depends on the specific needs of the business. However, it is refreshing to see a free trial that doesn't automatically start charging when the trial ends. We would like to use Square for Retail in our office for managing inventory transfers, but apparently it isn't possible to do that without paying for the in-person sales locations even if we are still using the Square POS app there. 

Message 24 of 24