x

How do I remove my address from the bottom of the invoice?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "HELPPPPPPP"

At the bottom of my invoice it shows my home address.....how do I get this off? I don't want my customers knowing my home address where I live!  Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 19
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I remove my address from the bottom of the invoice?

This information is feed from your receipt settings.  Just toggle off "Show Location".

2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can change the address of your business here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations

Edit: Rhatch is right that you may have different addresses under your receipt settings than your business location.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This information is feed from your receipt settings.  Just toggle off "Show Location".

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can change the address of your business here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations

Edit: Rhatch is right that you may have different addresses under your receipt settings than your business location.

Message 2 of 19
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Message 3 of 19

Thank you. When i click your link, it asks for location n page wont do anything else. Ill just rent a PO Box.

Message 4 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey @alanc56,

You do have to select the location of your business when you sign into the Dashboard.

Once you're signed in- you'll navigate to > Account & Settings Receipts to remove your address and toggle off the Show Location option. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 19

The "show location" toggle appears to have no impact on emailed receipts. I have this turned off but the copy of emailed receipts I get with each sale still say "This email was sent to you by" followed by my business name and home address. 

Message 6 of 19
Alumni

@vtannahill - that shouldn't be happening. Reach out to CS so they can comb through your receipt settings: squ.re/contact 

Justin
Message 7 of 19

This reply was created from merging an existing thread.

Im new here. Sent myself a 1.00 invoice test. It shows my home address. I do not want customers to know where i live. I do not have a business address. Can i delete my address when i do an invoice?

Message 8 of 19
Admin

Welcome @alanc56! Check out @RHatch's reply here for the steps to remove your address from your Invoices

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 19

My home address appears 9n invoices.  How do I change this to my office address? My linked bank account is tied to my home address.  I don't want to unlink my account if I change

Message 10 of 19
Alumni

Thanks for writing in @lawyerdemers - I found the thread you're looking for. I moved you to it so you can see. 

Justin
Message 11 of 19

I have the same issue can i get some help too.

Message 12 of 19

Hi there, @parisfinery! Thanks for hopping in here. Was the Best Answer from Pesso and RHatch able to solve your issue? If not, what specifically are you seeing?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 13 of 19

Hi yes ive tried that it does not work. It only doesnt appear on the receipt that I send. Still shows on the automated recepits

Message 14 of 19

Got it! Thanks for the quick response, @parisfinery. Would you mind flagging this over to our Support Team? They can take a deep dive with you into your settings to make sure everything is as it should be.

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Message 15 of 19

Hey, how do i flag to the team? 

Message 16 of 19

@Parisfinery1 - if you access the link provided above, you can reach out to our Support Team.

Joe
Message 17 of 19

I just made my first sale through Square Online and had this problem. When I navigate to receipts, the 'show location' is turned off, and when I do invoices and other receipts through Square/Squareup, my address doesn't show. But it looks like people who purchase through my square site are still provided my address on their receipt, and I can't find anywhere in the settings in Square Online (not Squareup/Dashboard) to change that. 

Message 18 of 19
Alumni

@queerqswag thanks for posting. Can you flag this to our CS Team since this thread didn't help out? 

Justin
Message 19 of 19