x

How do I remove the shop now button I added to Instagram in error?

I add the shop now button to my instagram page in error but dont see how I can remove this being that we dont sell actual items just services. 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Tbrown! Hmm, if you've integrated Square Appointments to your Instagram profile it should say 'Book Now' rather than 'Shop Now'. 

Can you try the steps below to disable the button? 

1. Go to your business profile in the Instagram app and tap the Gear icon. 
  2. Tap Edit Profile > then tap Contact Options.
  3. Select the word Book (or in your case you might see Shop) on your business profile and delete it.

If you're still seeing 'Shop Now' instead of 'Book Now' or if you're having trouble updating your Instagram please reply here to let me know so I can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Tbrown! Hmm, if you've integrated Square Appointments to your Instagram profile it should say 'Book Now' rather than 'Shop Now'. 

Can you try the steps below to disable the button? 

1. Go to your business profile in the Instagram app and tap the Gear icon. 
  2. Tap Edit Profile > then tap Contact Options.
  3. Select the word Book (or in your case you might see Shop) on your business profile and delete it.

If you're still seeing 'Shop Now' instead of 'Book Now' or if you're having trouble updating your Instagram please reply here to let me know so I can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 16

omg Helen thank you so much!

lol i was freaking out cause i couldnt figure out how to put a book now button, so since support was closed , i went to online help and typed instagram button and hoping for the best, found your golden egg answer! yay! problem was actually i had the toggle button off for profile display, but your logic helped me get to that toggle option. so simple yet so puzzling all these things.

You put me on the path to put a "book now" button on my instagram! thank u !!!

Put profile display option on none hidden last, but as you said, go to contact options and go from there.

best,

chris

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Hey @chrisgrohusko!

So happy to hear that you were able to find the answer within the Seller Community! Let us know if anything else comes up. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 16

Hi! I previously added a book now button on my business account, however, I don't need that anymore so wanted to remove it, but I can't do so. After clicking on contact options I see 'add an action button' and I cannot see the remove button, it's not even visible. So how do I remove the book now?

Message 5 of 16
Alumni

If the Best Answer provided here by @Helen didn't quite get you where you needed to be, our Support team should be able to point you in the right direction. Please get in touch directly and we'll take care of you, @ericajaramillo!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 16

Hi! Sadly the beat answer did not work for me .. I cannot see the ‘remove it button’ I tried on phone and desktop and still the same problem.

Message 7 of 16
Square Community Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear that this did not work for you. As mentioned by @Valentina, please contact our Support Team directly so one of our team members can take a look at this in-depth.

Thank you - @ericajaramillo 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 16

Hi! I do i remove “view shop” button on my Instagram business account?

Message 9 of 16
Alumni

Hm - are you able to provide a screenshot, @mishka3003?

Are you wanting to disconnect your Square website from your business Instagram? If so, you'll want to click Manage at the top of the settings panel, and click the Disconnect account button. This will remove all your photos from the section. You can follow the steps in this article to reconnect at any time.

I hope this helps, but let us know if this isn't what you need, and welcome to the Seller Community

Valentina
Message 10 of 16

Hi, I recently added a store to my instagram page but now I want to change platforms. I chose teespring and I would like to start over by removing the store button from my page altogether. Any idea how I can do that? Thanks!

Message 11 of 16

Thanks for reaching out, @PhilsNovelties

Are you trying to disconnect your Square website from your business Instagram?

If so, you'll want to click Manage at the top of the settings panel, and click the Disconnect account button. This will remove all your photos from the section.

You can follow the steps in this article to reconnect at any time.

Message 12 of 16

Hi Helen I have been trying to remove the shop from Instagram for months ans can’t figure it out. Please help I only see my email my contact number address than WhatsApp number 

Message 13 of 16

Welcome to the Community, @Monicajewelers

What steps have you already tried to get the Instagram button removed?

I don't want to advise something you've already tried that didn't help. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 14 of 16

I just got set up and chose the Instagram store as the option, but now I'm totally lost.  How do I get back to the beginning and go with something I can deal with??  THX!

Message 15 of 16
Admin

Hey @vashon_flyer- Are you saying that you linked Square to Instagram but want to unlink now? If that's the case, check out Helen's Best Answer here.

Let me know if this isn't quite the case!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 16