x

How do I resend or send a new employee activation code?

I have a new contractor and I'm having trouble sending her a new activation code.  (We're trying to get a  new password, but currently have connectivity problems.)  I can generate and text her an activation code, but I'm not following the support section. Help appreciated

Message 1 of 6
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hello @SargentSmith! I can help clarify. 🙂

How your employee logs on to Square Point of Sale depends on the permission role assigned to the employee. If their role is under Access Shared Point of Sale, they will have a 4 to 6 digit PIN towards the bottom of their profile. They would use this PIN to sign into a device other employees use to make sales. 

The other permission option is Access Mobile Point of Sale. With this role your employee will sign in with their email address and a password. The Employee will receive an email inviting them to access your Point of Sale app. This is where they would create their own password to login. If they don't have the email, or they're having trouble signing in they can reset their password by selecting Forgot Password on the sign in screen. 

If you're still having trouble feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Have you already confirmed the email you have on file for them is spelled correctly, @BLACKBOXKC📦

You'll also want to ensure that you have set up permissions for them.
If you head to the Team page, click a team member, and see this on the right-hand side - you need to Finish setup:

If you've already completed setup, and confirmed correct spelling of their email addresses, our team can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. They are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

When you say you're able to generate an activation code, were you referring to their invite that is sent via email?

If so, the email should be sent through your Square Dashboard. 

Also, an employee invitation can’t be sent to an email address currently in use by the owner of another Square account. 

Was this what was happening? 

Message 2 of 6

The employee device is asking for a password or device code.  It seems simple but how do you actually do this.  Telling me it is handled through the dashboard is not an answer.  What are the steps to send an existing employee either a code or their password?  I don't see anything related to their password in the employee section of the dashboard.  To clarify, what are the steps to send an existing employee either a code or their password to log in?

Message 3 of 6

Best Answer

Hello @SargentSmith! I can help clarify. 🙂

How your employee logs on to Square Point of Sale depends on the permission role assigned to the employee. If their role is under Access Shared Point of Sale, they will have a 4 to 6 digit PIN towards the bottom of their profile. They would use this PIN to sign into a device other employees use to make sales. 

The other permission option is Access Mobile Point of Sale. With this role your employee will sign in with their email address and a password. The Employee will receive an email inviting them to access your Point of Sale app. This is where they would create their own password to login. If they don't have the email, or they're having trouble signing in they can reset their password by selecting Forgot Password on the sign in screen. 

If you're still having trouble feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Two of my employees when prompted from the Square Invitation Email to teams are asked to provide a six digit access code which says will be emailed to them. 

They have never received this code. 

This is NOT the 4 digit sign in code, it says it will be sent to them from square.

Help!

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Have you already confirmed the email you have on file for them is spelled correctly, @BLACKBOXKC📦

You'll also want to ensure that you have set up permissions for them.
If you head to the Team page, click a team member, and see this on the right-hand side - you need to Finish setup:

If you've already completed setup, and confirmed correct spelling of their email addresses, our team can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. They are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6