x

How do I resend unopened campaign emails?

About a week ago I initiated my first marketing campaign  to a base of about 250 customers. About half of them opened the email. Is there a way to resend it to the other half that did not open it? I thought I read somewhere to wait five days to resend but can't find that information

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

This is an available feature. Email reminders are enabled by default. What this does is:

• Customers who haven't opened your emails will get another email 5 days after the original one was sent out. This helps remind them of your email.
  • If there is a coupon in the campaign, then everyone who hasn't redeemed it will get a reminder email 7 days before the coupon expires, reminding them that they have a coupon

This settings is available under the "Review & Send" step of the campaign creation flow and is enabled by default. So you don't need to take any action if you haven't changed it.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Best Answer

This is an available feature. Email reminders are enabled by default. What this does is:

• Customers who haven't opened your emails will get another email 5 days after the original one was sent out. This helps remind them of your email.
  • If there is a coupon in the campaign, then everyone who hasn't redeemed it will get a reminder email 7 days before the coupon expires, reminding them that they have a coupon

This settings is available under the "Review & Send" step of the campaign creation flow and is enabled by default. So you don't need to take any action if you haven't changed it.

Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

We send weekly emails with our weekend menu and specials we are running that weekend. Resending the email 5 days later doesn’t work for us because of that. It would be useful to be able to resend the next day to the nonopeners like you can do with Mailchimp to get an additional 8-9% to open the email 

Message 3 of 15

There should definitely be a feature to resend to those who did not open the original send. Or at least a way to segment those who did not open and copy those contats to a new list.

Message 4 of 15
Alumni

Hey @Viral_Trends - Not sure if you saw RB's response above, but you can choose to send email reminders to those who have not opened your initial email 5 days later.  This will be done in the Review & Send portion of your campaign creation. Check out our help article to learn more about Reminder Emails.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 15

Yes I am aware of that feature. However, it would be much better if there was a manual segmentation option where we can see who did not open the email and put them into a group. Also, take the opens and put it into a segmented group for future campaigns.. That would yield way better open rates in the future. Mailerlite and Constant Contact have this feature and I would love if Square implemented this. Please forward this idea to the proper channels. Thank you kindly.

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

Thanks for the feature suggestion. That's something that i will channel to the team to look into.

Message 7 of 15

Not a problem. Thank you.

Message 8 of 15

It's been 3 years. Scheduling a resend 5 days later before the initial send isn't good enough. Can we please have access to non-openers after the fact? Thank you!

Message 9 of 15

I agree!

Message 10 of 15

Puka, the only options I seem to have in the "Review & Send" section are to Send a Test Email. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Message 11 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @HTassin,

Welcome to the Community.

When creating a one-time (blast) campaign with Square Marketing, the option to send a reminder email to recipients who haven’t opened your message is disabled by default. If you want to send reminder emails, this setting can be switched on from the Review & Send step of the campaign creation process.

Did you turn on the reminder option when creating your campaign?

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

I noticed this function is available through the Square Marketing Campaign but not for Square Online or my (Weebly) website marketing account. Will these two ever be combined or will this ability to resend unopened emails be made available for those of us who have marketing with our Square ecommerce websites? 

Toni "Joy"ner
Message 13 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @MsToYourJoy 👋

We are working hard on integrating Square Marketing to Square Online. At this time this is a feature request. Thanks for showing interest in this feature.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Thank you for your response. I'm so looking forward to the updates.

Toni "Joy"ner
Message 15 of 15