x
Beta Member

How do I restore deleted customers?

How do you restore deleted customers or groups?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

deleted is just that, deleted.  there is not a way to restore once they are deleted.  It warns you when deleting and you have to check the box that you understand it is permanent.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 3.13.22 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

deleted is just that, deleted.  there is not a way to restore once they are deleted.  It warns you when deleting and you have to check the box that you understand it is permanent.

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 3.13.22 PM.png

Message 2 of 9

Once they have been deleted will I be able to recreate a customer profile on them should they choose to become a customer again?

Kevin Schoonmaker
Message 3 of 9
Alumni

For sure! You can always create customer profiles, even after a customer has been deleted. @PRC

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Unfortunately @VanKalkerFarms is correct here. 

Deleting a customer is a permanent action that you need to confirm before completing. You'll need to re-create a new customer profile for that customer moving forward. 

Message 5 of 9

I just found/searched this thread because one of my clients/customers profile was deleted by accident. She has been in and seen me since (she booked with me with square's online booking feature.) But when I click on her name in my appointments app, she still shows as deleted. How do I recreate a new customer profile for her? I want to make sure I don't delete her appointment history (which is just one appointment now) 

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Square couldn't help me with this. I offered to contract their professional service to restore files from their back ups.  It wasn't possible.  Luckily I was using 2 different Marketing apps and had cancelled the other one about 3 months prior.  I  just reinstated my service and they had all of my contacts.  I exported them and loaded them into Square.

Message 7 of 9

Here is my problem. I was just cleaning up my customer base. I created a new group and moved every customer that had an email address into that group. I then deleted the group that I moved it from thinking that all of my customers were now in the new group. When I checked to see if they were all there, about 1/2 of them were gone. That's around 330 emails I lost. This system is not very user friendly and because of that I just wiped have of my customer base. 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

In order to have your customer directory restored to an earlier time, you would need to get in touch with our Support team. You should have the date and exact time you would like to revert to.  

Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9