x

How do I see customers' notes on their orders?

I'm newly in charge of Square for our PTA and need to track kids names against supplies orders.  We asked parents to put kids' names and grades in the notes section of their order but I can't see the notes when I go into Sales Transactions. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

Any notes added to your sales will appear in your Item Details spreadsheet.

Follow the steps below to download your Items Detail CSV:

Sign in to your "Square Dashboard":https://squareup.com/dashboard.
Click *Sales* > *Transactions*.
Select your desired date range using the *Date Selector* and then click *Export* > *Items Detail CSV*.

Message 2 of 3

There is confusion here. While the Item Detail CSV contains a "Notes" column, the content is actually "Item Description."

The actual resolution to the question about customer notes to merchant follows...

Squareup has resolved this issue by placing the "Notes to Merchant" field in the following menu hierarchy (I'm using the web browser interface):

From the Menu list on the right choose: Online Store>Orders (The default) Then select the order you wish to view or select a time range to see orders. Now select an order where you are certain there is a note and on the right side of the display, under the client's address you will see the note. I have confirmed this personally.

Thanks Square for your prompt response to this omission!

Message 3 of 3