x

Create access to the FULL 16 digit electronic gift card number

Create access to the FULL 16 digit electronic gift card number

There is absolutely NO reason why the account administrator should not be able to access the full 16 digit electronic gift card number. It is essential to providing quick & accurate customer service - something I'm finding impossible to do on Square.

There are multiple inquiries regarding this feature that lead me to believe that this is a WIDE SPREAD problem with smaller vendors.

Also, under >gift card >overview, the search box needs options i.e. recipients name, purchasers name, date range of purchase, amount of purchase.

67 Comments

I downloaded the Gift Card Details report in hopes of seeing the entire card number, along with balances, etc. Instead all I can see is the PAN suffix and the card token, which I'm not sure does me much good for tracking down card numbers. I want all of the info in the Gift Card Details report, but just with that full card number for each card. 

I saw @lilychiang answer a similar question elsewhere in the community that indicated more detailed gift card reporting was in the works. Any update?

Admin

Hello @MattBrew! As the full Gift Card number is sensitive information, please contact our Customer Success team. They can make a change on your account so you can download a report with this information. 

We are working to provide more detailed Gift Card reporting. For example, to help you better navigate/locate Gift Cards you might have noticed a new Overview tab in the Gift Cards section of your Square Dashboard (not the Reports section).

So that we can keep making improvements can you let us know why you need the full card number in a report? Is there anything else you'd like to see in Gift Card reporting? We really appreciate your feedback! 

I'd like to be able to see the full gift card number so if the client comes in and doesn't have it, I will be able to easily look it up. Is there still no option to find the full number?

Can you tell me how to export our gift certificate transactions so I can see the full CG number, not just he PAN and Token numbers, thanks!

Admin

Hey @tguilbault!

Great question. Take a look at @Helen's best answer in this thread.

Let me know if you have any questions about this 💡

The report shows only the Pan Suffix, and even that does not pull any data.  How can gift cards be searched using the full pan number?

Admin

Hey @Reunion!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

If you'd like to view and search for Gift Cards with the full 16-digit number, please contact our Support Team. They'll be able to assist you with this, as it is not downloadable by sellers from the Square Dashboard without a specific permission.

I moved your message over to this thread so you could take a look at the other replies. 

In the midst of COVID-19 I'm interested in selling "chocolate savings bonds" - pre-sell gift cards and over time they accrue. Example, buy a $50 gift card and every month the balance increases by 10%, with a maximum increase of 100% after 10 months. This encourages the customer to buy now, but hopefully wait until the holiday season to redeem.

I don't see an option for me to increase the balance from my Square Dashboard. Ideally, I increase the amount so the customer can check their balance. Is the only way for me to write down every 16 digit # and manually enter in POS? What about eCertificates?

If you add a balance increase feature I imagine many businesses could implement this idea!

Alumni

@cocoaandspice - There isn't a way to increase a Gift card from Dashboard, you'll need to manually enter the card's 16 digits to load it. 

Super cumbersome and not ideal, apologies. Now that I see how you would use a balance increase feature for your biz, I see the value and makes for an easier way to manage gift card balances. 

To make it easier, Support can enable a permission on your account that allows access to all gift card numbers activated on your account. @Helen gives you next steps on this thread! 

I do not see any current inquiries on this but I have had this same question!  It is so aggravating to me and my client because I look like a dummy when I can't find their card number to enter!  I understand the credit card used to purchase the e- or regular gift card is sensitive information, but I'm not looking for that and that should already be partitioned anyway.  I think that as the owner of the account I should be able to access the full gift card number and balance on the card easily. @MattBrew @Helen