x

Create access to the FULL 16 digit electronic gift card number

Create access to the FULL 16 digit electronic gift card number

There is absolutely NO reason why the account administrator should not be able to access the full 16 digit electronic gift card number. It is essential to providing quick & accurate customer service - something I'm finding impossible to do on Square.

There are multiple inquiries regarding this feature that lead me to believe that this is a WIDE SPREAD problem with smaller vendors.

Also, under >gift card >overview, the search box needs options i.e. recipients name, purchasers name, date range of purchase, amount of purchase.

67 Comments

go to the name of the person who purchased gift card, click on card on file, gift card and hit the resend button, when the email pops up, change it to yours and resend.  you can see the full number that way. 

Go to the name of the client who purchased the giftcard, go to cards on file, click on the gift card and hit resend, when the email box pops up, type in your email and send it to yourself. you will see full number there. This is rediculous that we have to do this and you're right, as the merchant we should be able to quickly look up a card and apply it. we can do this with a credit card on file, why not a gift card? it's so stupid. and yes, we and square look like da*n dummies standing there trying to figure this out in front of a client. 

I am not new to square but this heading would not let me change it.

I sold a GC in January, and I can see the sale in my transactions, however I cannot seem to redeem the card. It only shows a 4 digit, alpha numeric code and nit the entire GC number. My client cannot find the card so how do I redeem this card? It will not accept just 4 digits when in checkout and I do not see the full 16 digit number. 

Alumni

@nevada22 - Found the thread you're looking for. Take a look up top. 

Thank you. This didn’t work but I do appreciate you pointing me in this direction. I don’t know if it has anything to do with the fact that I sold the original gift card as an e-card? There was no 16 digit number on the receipt that I emailed to myself. Not sure what to do now. 

Thanks but this doesn't work. The e-card only has 4 digits so can't redeem it at checkout.

If this is the case, where do I find the 16 digit code? I emailed it to myself and it only shows the alpha/numeric code.

My client cannot find the e-gift card, so I don't have any way of getting the 16 digit code in order to redeem it. I do have everything else set, just need the 16 digit code. I've tried emailing the receipt to myself and it still only shows the 4 digit code. Surely there has to be a way that I can retrieve data from a sale I previously made?

Alumni

Hi again @nevada22 - @JustinC was pointing you to @Helen's answer here, where she covered that we do not share the 16-digit number. You mentioned that this is an eGift Card, and also mentioned that your customer lost it - I suppose they are unable to locate the email including it?

Our Support team may be able to point you in the right direction, but you might be better off refunding the eGift Card so that your customer can purchase one that they have access to. I hope this helps

So When customers buy gift cards online and they don’t keep the numbers on gift card how can I find out the rest of the gift card numbers to redeem?