x

How do I settle transactions when there are no tips?

We have some customers tip, and some that don't. At the moment, I have to go into each transaction and add a $0 tip for those that don't in order for the transaction to settle and be deposited the next day. How can I force settlement at the end of the day without having to enter the $0 tips on every transaction?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@billkat

Welcome to the Community, happy to have you here. Not sure if you are using the option to Batch Settle your tips but that would be my first suggestion.

This will give you the option to close out all these 0 tips quickly.

Settle Payments in Bulk

1. Visit your in-app Transactions.  
  2. Tap the credit card icon in the top-left corner. 
  3. Enter or select the tip amount for each payment.
  4. Tap Settle > Confirm Settle.
kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

I used Square Terminal. So on the Transaction menu, there has no credit card icon in the top-left corner. what should I do? 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@Saorot I'm sorry for the late reply! At this time it's not possible to bulk settle payments awaiting a tip from the Square Terminal - but you should be able to settle those individually:

1. Open the Transactions section of your Terminal. 
  2. Tap on an individual payment (those awaiting tips will have a clock icon).
  3. Enter the tip amount > tap Settle > repeat for each payment.

We'll update this post when bulk settling tips is available in Square Terminal! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

I don't know what are you guys doing, it has been two or three years now at this point "BULK SETTLE" is still not available in the terminal. it is frustrating for me to be honest. Imagine having to settle every transaction at the end of every working day.

Message 5 of 6

Is the ability to bulk settle on the square terminal available yet? This would sure be helpful rather than going into each transactions when 90% of ours are $0 tips.

Message 6 of 6