x

How do I size images for the mobile AND desktop view?

When an image is sized correctly in the desktop view, it never looks correct in the mobile view and vice versa.  I've tried everything and read all threads concerning this...Is there a fix in place?  I've also resized the layout.  Small looks best for the mobile view and Large looks best for the desktop view, but I can't change one without changing the other.  Please provide helpful information.  I am seriously considering moving my website to a host that's more user-friendly.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

HI, while in the Editor you can switch from desktop view and mobile view by clicking the little desktop icon at the top of the Editor.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 4.19.54 PM.png

The Editor is super simple and may name different options with slightly different names.  Stories on Square is really a Blog post.  Options are available by clicking down or up arrows, clicking sections, adding Pages, Sections, Galleries etc.  Images need to be 1:1.  Resizing images is best. 

What are you having issues with?  Can you please share a screenshot? or Link? to assist?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 16

Hello, you did not address anything I stated.  The issue is: When I have sized an image correctly in the desktop view, it never looks correct in the mobile view and vice versa.  How do you ensure the uploaded image (my header for example) is completely visible in both views?  I have attached screenshots of two examples.  One in which the desktop view shows correctly, but the mobile view is not and the other in which the mobile view shows correctly, but the desktop view is not.  Please review and let me know if you have a solution.

DESKTOP VIEW 2DESKTOP VIEW 2DESKTOP VIEWDESKTOP VIEWMOBILE VIEW 2MOBILE VIEW 2MOBILE VIEWMOBILE VIEW

Message 3 of 16

Hey. You have to open paint on your computer & make it 1814 by 1156

Message 4 of 16

HI, not sure what you are wanting.  The current website loads correctly on desktop and mobile.  Can you please share more information?  Do you need to "Set Image Subject" meaning once it is loaded, it needs to be adjusted either up, down or side to side to display correctly?  You can do that within the Editor, click the 3 dots, click Set Image Subject.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 5 of 16

Nevermind.  I don't know how else to explain the issue to you.  I've sent visuals and reworded the problem.  If you still can't understand what the issue is, we can just end the thread here.  I'll just figure out a workaround until I'm able to move my domain.

Message 6 of 16

Has this issue been resolved?  Its now 2022 and I have read every post going back to 2020 and still have not found how to fix this issue.   OBDELIGHTS explained it perfectly so I don't understand what isn't understood and why this has not been fixed.  How do I get my website main banner to resize from desktop to mobile.  I want both desktop and mobile viewers to see the same banner without it being cut off in one or the other.  Geeeeezzzzzzee, WTH, this shouldn't be so difficult.

Message 7 of 16

I am having the same issue. Looks good on desktop view but horrible on mobile view. There should be an option where i can have different layouts for mobile and desktop but whatever u change it to on desktop transfers to mobile....PLEASE HELPPPP!!!!!!

Message 8 of 16
Admin

@rpinard You may want to check out this post that has info about the sizing.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 16

How to have the same website view the same as desktop view and on mobile view?

is there toggle option to turn off mobile optimization and have the website look identical on desk top view to mobile view?????

Message 10 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @FitzSixwellness

The option to turn off mobile optimization is not available. It’s responsive so it goes off of the screen size.

When it comes to the website view being the same as the desktop view, all website images adjust to the size of the screen of the mobile device, iPad, laptop, or home computer the site is being viewed on. However, on an iPhone (not sure about other devices) you are capable of viewing the websites on Desktop view, see below: 

How to request a desktop site on the iPhone?

1. Open the Safari browser and navigate to any website.
  2. Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu.
  3. From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.

Lastly, high resolution pictures are suggested for better quality.

Hope this helps!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 16
Beta Member

I agree with OBDelights. It's annoying to spend a lot of time getting the desktop version just right and then when you check the mobile version it looks horrible. I understand that the mobile version is adaptive and changes based on phone screen size. But the editing features need to be completely separate. For the desktop version it may look better to have the text displayed over the image. But on the mobile version it might look better for the text to be below the main image. But you can't do that. If you change the layout on one it changes on both. This is a serious oversight. 

Message 12 of 16

100%. How hard could it be to just make 2 separate editing tools that dont carry over to the other one.

Message 13 of 16
Beta Member

I'm making my website on both Square and Wix at the same time. I'm liking Wix more and more. Because with Wix you can do this. There are completely different settings for desktop and mobile. Maybe the Square developers need to get with Wix on how to do this?

Screenshot 2021-08-18 194645.jpgScreenshot 2021-08-18 194715.jpg

Message 14 of 16

So good, yes the more i use square the more i realize they are far behind most others. I sell an item for $13.99 with flat postage of $5.95. Sometimes i get a sale in a rural area that costs me $16.65 postage because square do not have a rural rate or change of area option. Its either you cop the rate or dont send to that area at all. One of the many issues with the site.  But dont worry they are working hard on a Square debit card to make more money on. Priorities. 

Message 15 of 16
Beta Member

You don't have to go with Squares built in shipping. I'll be using my own plan and pay exactly the correct amount based on weight to urban or rural areas. 

Message 16 of 16