x

How do I size images for the mobile AND desktop view?

When an image is sized correctly in the desktop view, it never looks correct in the mobile view and vice versa.  I've tried everything and read all threads concerning this...Is there a fix in place?  I've also resized the layout.  Small looks best for the mobile view and Large looks best for the desktop view, but I can't change one without changing the other.  Please provide helpful information.  I am seriously considering moving my website to a host that's more user-friendly.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

HI, while in the Editor you can switch from desktop view and mobile view by clicking the little desktop icon at the top of the Editor.

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 4.19.54 PM.png

The Editor is super simple and may name different options with slightly different names.  Stories on Square is really a Blog post.  Options are available by clicking down or up arrows, clicking sections, adding Pages, Sections, Galleries etc.  Images need to be 1:1.  Resizing images is best. 

What are you having issues with?  Can you please share a screenshot? or Link? to assist?

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 7

Hello, you did not address anything I stated.  The issue is: When I have sized an image correctly in the desktop view, it never looks correct in the mobile view and vice versa.  How do you ensure the uploaded image (my header for example) is completely visible in both views?  I have attached screenshots of two examples.  One in which the desktop view shows correctly, but the mobile view is not and the other in which the mobile view shows correctly, but the desktop view is not.  Please review and let me know if you have a solution.

DESKTOP VIEW 2DESKTOP VIEW 2DESKTOP VIEWDESKTOP VIEWMOBILE VIEW 2MOBILE VIEW 2MOBILE VIEWMOBILE VIEW

Message 3 of 7

HI, not sure what you are wanting.  The current website loads correctly on desktop and mobile.  Can you please share more information?  Do you need to "Set Image Subject" meaning once it is loaded, it needs to be adjusted either up, down or side to side to display correctly?  You can do that within the Editor, click the 3 dots, click Set Image Subject.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 7

Nevermind.  I don't know how else to explain the issue to you.  I've sent visuals and reworded the problem.  If you still can't understand what the issue is, we can just end the thread here.  I'll just figure out a workaround until I'm able to move my domain.

Message 5 of 7

I am having the same issue. Looks good on desktop view but horrible on mobile view. There should be an option where i can have different layouts for mobile and desktop but whatever u change it to on desktop transfers to mobile....PLEASE HELPPPP!!!!!!

Message 6 of 7

@rpinard You may want to check out this post that has info about the sizing.

Nika_S
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7