x

How do I stop cancelled Appointments from displaying on my Calendar?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Cancelled appointments not clearing calendar

Why won't cancelled appointments on my appointment calendar clear off the calendar? They are driving me crazy because I can't get my calendar all clean with appointments.  Example in picture. 

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 18.12.43.png

Message 1 of 27
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Cancelled appointments not clearing calendar

Wssp @Ann9 !! 

Spoke with an Appointments advocate who confirmed there was a glitch on Google's side that wasn't removing the cancelled appts.

Removing the calendar through Dashboard then re-adding should do the trick!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@MollzJohnson I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing!

You should be able to remove cancelled appointments from your Calendar view, here's how:

1. From your online Appointments Calendar > click the date range at the top of the screen.
  2. Then click the Day/Week/Month.
  3. Uncheck Show cancelled appointments

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 18.34.51.png

If you're not seeing this option or if it's not working can you let me know? 

Oh and one more thing, I redacated your clients' last names (they appeared in the screenshot you shared) for their privacy - the Seller Community is a public forum! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Admin

Best Answer

@MollzJohnson I'm sorry for the frustration this is causing!

You should be able to remove cancelled appointments from your Calendar view, here's how:

1. From your online Appointments Calendar > click the date range at the top of the screen.
  2. Then click the Day/Week/Month.
  3. Uncheck Show cancelled appointments

Screenshot 2019-08-21 at 18.34.51.png

If you're not seeing this option or if it's not working can you let me know? 

Oh and one more thing, I redacated your clients' last names (they appeared in the screenshot you shared) for their privacy - the Seller Community is a public forum! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: cancelled appoinments

When we cancel appointments,  it remains on the calendar and takes up the time slot.  How do you remove a cancelled appointment so it can be taken by another client?

Message 3 of 27
Admin

@Jeff6 I added your post to this thread - you should be able to change your settings from your online Appointments Dasboard! If you're not seeing this option reply here to let me know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 27

Hi I am new to square appointments.  I am just in the trial phase.  I don't have the option to take away cancelled appointments.  Is that only available for those who are subscribed?  Please let me know thank you

Message 5 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @jenkube Appointments will get removed from the Calendar as soon as you cancel them from your Calendar

I hope this information is helpful!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square Appointments Displaying Cancelled Appointments

Recently Square added a new feature on Square Appointments in which cancelled appointments are displayed on the main calendar. The cancelled appointment is shown in a white box with gray lines crossing out the customer's name and appointment time. This feature is not very helpful. It just clutters the page. This information should only be visible via the customer profile. How can I disable this feature on my calendar? 

Message 7 of 27
Admin

@tellen33 Take a look at this thread, it has the steps to stop cancelled appointments from displaying on your main calendar. 

Thank you for your feedback about this change, I'll share your experience with the Appointments team.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 27

Thank you so much! This step solved the issue. Cancelled appointments are no longer visible. GREAT!!

Message 9 of 27
Admin

You're welcome! Sorry for any confusion! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 27

I am using the mobile app on my iPhone. I want to see cancelled appointments. I don’t have the same visual as the example. Is it different for mobile?

Message 11 of 27
Alumni

@Heather0929

Yes, the mobile version differs slightly from the Dashboard. Cancellation cannot be viewed from an iPhone, you'll need to see it from the Online Dashboard. 

Justin
Message 12 of 27

Thank you

Message 13 of 27
Alumni

Np 😉 @Heather0929

Justin
Message 14 of 27

I have synced my google calendar and square appointments with success.  When I cancel an appointment in appointments, it removes it from the square calendar, but remains on my google calendar.  Thus, when I look at my google calendar for all (personal and square), it appears like I have an appointment even though it was cancelled and is no longer on my square calendar.  

I have both calendars import and export to each other.  When other appointments get rescheduled, it syncs properly and shows the corrected time.  But when it is cancelled, it remains and I think I have an appointment.  Can you advise on this?

IMG_0144.jpgIMG_0145.jpg

Message 15 of 27

IMG_0144.jpg

Message 16 of 27
Alumni

Wssp @Ann9 !! 

Spoke with an Appointments advocate who confirmed there was a glitch on Google's side that wasn't removing the cancelled appts.

Removing the calendar through Dashboard then re-adding should do the trick!

Justin
Message 17 of 27

It worked!  Thank you 🙂

Message 18 of 27
Alumni

Perfect! Glad to hear it 🙂 @anna9

Justin
Message 19 of 27

Hey @JustinC ,

The fix worked that day and refreshed the calendar accurately.  Yet I have continued to have cancellations that stay on my google calendar that are properly cancelled in "appointments".  Have you heard anything further on the glitch being corrected long term??

Thanks in advance!

Message 20 of 27
Alumni

@anna9 

Yikes, I actually haven't heard anything else regarding the glitch. Re-adding the calendar has been the fix for Sellers. 

I would reach out to our Appointments Team so they can troubleshoot further. 

Justin
Message 21 of 27