x

How do I switch back from Weebly to Square for my store?

How do I switch back from Weebly to Square for my store?

It's way too much work to deal with Weebly and I want the simple Square store!

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@churchism I'm sorry to hear that the Weebly-powered Online Store wasn't what you were looking for! It's not possible to go back to a Square Online Store I'm afraid. The Weebly Online Store has lots of great additional features, if you have any questions about setting up your store we have a support team on hand (and a Community of sellers) who can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Best Answer

@churchism I'm sorry to hear that the Weebly-powered Online Store wasn't what you were looking for! It's not possible to go back to a Square Online Store I'm afraid. The Weebly Online Store has lots of great additional features, if you have any questions about setting up your store we have a support team on hand (and a Community of sellers) who can help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 12

Bummer, I had the same question. Beyond the hassle with setting up the weebly store, my customers are now reporting issues with screens loading, unable to complete transactions, items showing sold-out that are not. I don't have time to troubleshoot this before our festival starts, so I just want the old store back until you work out the kinks.

Message 3 of 12

I am also really bummed out about the Weebly store.  Creating an item in Square and posting it in the old Square Store was very simple.  Weebly is not integrated well with Square (you should have waited until it was).  Even after I add the item from my Square catalog to the Weebly item list, when I try to add it to a page, I am presented with a blank form on which to re-enter all of the information.  This implementation is a total failure.  You should allow us to revert to the old Square Store.

Message 4 of 12

My customers are reporting difficulties with the new store having page loading errors, screens that won’t load, can’t change cart quantities, credit card fields aren’t labeled, items show out-of-stock that aren’t. 
We run a ten-day festival starting today, I don’t have time for this. How do I revert to our original square store?

Message 5 of 12
Alumni

It looks like you were able to find the answer to your question here in this thread, @brennalhughes. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to revert back to the legacy version of the Square Online Store. 

It sounds like this is causing some issues for your business - please get in touch with our Customer Success Team so we can help you decide on the best way to proceed. Weebly also has support available, our team can pass you on that way for additional help if needed.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator from its original: "Remove weebly but keep square"

A few years ago I first started to create a square account and online store. I had an squareup.______ (dot) com web address. It was a simple store front. Last year I upgraded my store to weebly. Months later, I finally had time to work on my site. And not like the weebly version at all. 

When i sign into square and click online store. It keep taking me back to weebly site page. Is this the only option now? Can I delete weebly and get the squareup.usernamehere. (Dot com). 

Message 7 of 12
Admin

Hi @Ladyfamous. Helen has the answer to your question here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 12

I had an old weebly site and I had a square site that used the same email userid.  Now I am locked in square and can not figure out how to get back to my original website to make adjustments or take it down since it no longer contains accurate information.  Every time I log in, it will only take me to the new square site.  I am not a fan.  I wish I could go back to how it was.  I understood them as separate sites.   Combined they have caused me nothing but confusion.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hi @bensbrigadene. I'm sorry there's been some confusion for you. Like Helen mentions here, there's not a way to revert back to the Square Online Store. If you have specific questions that come up while navigating the Weebly site, feel free to ask.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 10 of 12

Sorry, I thought the title of my post would make my question clear. I am not trying to go back to my old square store. I am trying to get access to my old weebly website to make updates. It is still a published site and I have things linked to it. I get that square is trying to get me to rebuild it all on the new platform, but just a couple quick tweaks and I would not need to update it for years as it was just really a landing at page. Is it really that hard to understand what I am asking?

Message 11 of 12
Admin

@bensbrigadene Nope, not difficult to understand. Just needed some clarification, so I appreciate it.

You can use the Account Recovery form so our Support Team can help you get your info back.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 12 of 12