x
Beta Member

How do I take payment for invoices using the Square web interface?

When a customer calls me on the phone and wants to pay their invoice, I don't see a way to take payment using the web interface

https://squareup.com/dashboard/invoices

(which is what we use in the office because we have a windows based computer).  If you click on an invoice there is a button to "Record payment" but there does not seem to be a way to enter a credit card number to have it paid.  There is a radio button option for "Square Point of Sale" but, the following is displayed when you click it "This paid invoice will not be recorded in your Transactions to avoid double entry. Refer to the Point of Sale transaction for details and refunding." So it looks like you would have to go to the Virtual termimal and make a sale and then go back and record it using this meathod.  If it is done this way then the sale is not linked to the customer/invoice.  It seems like the the option should allow you to pay the invoice and have the transaction recorded with the customer/invoice.Record Payment.PNGRecord Payment Options.PNG

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

When we have a client want to phone in their credit card number instead of paying on their desktop or mobile phone

We click the "Share" button in the bottom left of the invoice.  Then we open the provided link to the invoice in a browser.  

We enter the clients data into the boxes at the link provided with them on the phone and complete the invoice.  Once the invoice is complete we deliver their product.  

A best practice is to keep you clients safe is to not write down their cc info or information anywhere that you would then need to protect.  Enter the info into the invoice link and let Sq handle all the sensitive data on their secure system.

Message 2 of 2