x

How do I take the online store offline?

my business is seasonal. how do I take the online store off line?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @rnwillia,

You can unpublish your site under Website > General Settings > Unpublish. Here is a visual guide of how to unpublish.

If you want the rest of your website to remain, but just have the store hidden, just remove the navigation link for the store from the rest of your website. Here is a guide on how to change the navigation links.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hi @rnwillia,

You can unpublish your site under Website > General Settings > Unpublish. Here is a visual guide of how to unpublish.

If you want the rest of your website to remain, but just have the store hidden, just remove the navigation link for the store from the rest of your website. Here is a guide on how to change the navigation links.

Message 2 of 8
Alumni

Couldn't have said it any better myself, @mattd🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Yes but even if the store is un published if you have been using the store on your phone it will enable you to go back in and order

Very frustrating when you are overwhelmed with orders

Message 4 of 8

Unpublishing everything will completely remove the site making it no longer accessible.

Hiding it from the navigation would make it accessible via direct link. If you want to hide it, you could change the URL of the individual page by going to the page settings. To access this, click the 3 dots next to the page you want to edit and change the URL. There you can also password protect the shop if you wish. You could even put up a temporary page under the former shop URL and indicate that the shop is closed for the season.

page settings.png

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your answer. This would be great, however, the 'store' still shows up in the navigation bar and there is no option to hide the visibility of the store in the navigation unlike my other pages. Any tips on how to fix this, please? 

Message 6 of 8

What is the easiest way to keep customers from placing orders when you have to close early?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @razorshaq,

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out @mattd 's Best Answer above!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8