x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Hi! 

Im having trouble tracking employee sales individually... 

Is it possible to be set up to be able to click on an employee and just see that employees sales? 

As of now its saying uncategorized so I have no clue what employee brought in the most money?

Message 2 of 47
Super Seller

Message 3 of 47
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @Jphilly89

As @VanKalkerFarms - You can track Employee sales by using Team Management and having each Employee Use a PIN code everytime they use the register (there is a setting to lock out the Register to require a PIN after every transaction, if multiple employees use the same register).

To view each employee's sales, you can go into Sales, Reports, and Employee Sales to see whichever time-frame broken down by Each Employee's Sales. You can see a nice little chart of all of your Employees for that Time Period and some of the data for each include: Number of Sales, Net Sales, Average Sale, and more!

Hope this helps,
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 47

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do you track employees?" The author has been notified via email.

I have employees at different events signing in on Square and all sales appear as coming from me?

I need to have the sales figures from each person and event

Message 5 of 47

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is there a way to create individual users to track who posted what payments

I want to know if there is a way to create individual users that have to sign in to track which employee posted the payments? 

Message 6 of 47
Admin

@xandakagaya Yep! I've added you post to this thread where VanKalkerFarms and Pesso shared more information about using Employee Management to track sales

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 47

Is there a way to change the cashier after the sale has been completed, so that it doesn’t mess up my reports?

Message 8 of 47
Alumni

@Quattrok - Yup!!

Found under in-app under Settings > Passcodes (make sure it's toggled on) > Require Passcode After Each Sale.

This feature essentially locks the POS screen after a sale is complete and prompts the next employee to enter their passcode, ensuring that all sales are tagged to the right person. 

I've moved your post over to this thread to join other sellers whos using Team Management to track employee sales. Welcome to the Community!  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 47

Employees report

Message 10 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Kyokokudo 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community. We are happy to have you!

I've merged your post into an existing thread of other Sellers who were also interesting in tracking sales by employee. Take a look at this thread and some of the helpful answers from Pesso and others - it should get you where you need to be, and also give you some helpful resources for getting started.

Feel free to hit me back if you have any clarifying questions! 

Joe
Message 11 of 47
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 12 of 47

Square Register - Need To Track Sale By Individual Sales Rep (Med Spa)

Please Help! I am setting up square register for a med spa and need to track sales by employee as they are commission based. We are NOT using square payroll. We have a receptionist that will be processing ALL transactions, the aestheticians / nurses  will not be checking out their own people. Only 1 person will process payments - however we have to code it to a rep - how quickbooks does. Please help! Thank you!

Message 13 of 47

Hi there, @Deb2020 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for this information regarding tracking employees individuals sales. This Best Answer from Isabelle will point you to the information needed to set up Team Management from your Online Dashboard, which you should be able to do without utilizing the Payroll function.

The process of applying Team Management features to the Square Register should be the same as displayed in these resources, but feel free to reach out with any specific questions you may have!

Joe
Message 14 of 47

where do they type in the code on the sale?

Message 15 of 47

Hi @aabb1,

Welcome to The Seller Community! Happy to clarify this for you. 

Once passcode setting is enabled on your device it will ask you the following options below. I advise people who want to track sales by employee to enable "After each sale" turned on.  Here is some more information about the Team Management subscription as well. 

Thanks again! Please let me know if have anymore questions?

Message 16 of 47

what if there are multiple employees producing a sale on one ticket.  can you assign multiple items on a ticket to different employees ? 

Message 17 of 47

At this time, it's not possible to assign items on a ticket to several staff members, @Groompella. Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see on our point of sale. Can you let us know a bit more about your business, so we can pass on the most accurate feedback to our product team? 

Message 18 of 47

I have a 4 chair barbershop currently have 2 barbers and an apprentice.  The shop uses Barberly for online booking and uses Envision Salon Software for POS and client marketing.  We are looking (always) looking for the perfect solution and for 20 years I have not found any.  We are currently looking into using square for our POS system,  Barberly integrates with Square however I need a square terminal, which I have since purchased, but after talking with a sales rep from square purchased the square register which does not integrate with Barberly.  I have been testing out using square for two weeks (me, my other barber is still using the old system)  I really like the look of the register (color and size of the display) it is also lightening fast.  
I use Barberly because I have my own branded app and barberly has a feature that I use called the Que.  it is a web based application that shows the barbers working and the appointments arriving.  I don't use it but there is an option to have a kiosk that a walkin could use to check the next available appointment and book it right there.  Barberly however is very clunky when trying to use it to book an appointment for a client and as a POS system.  so I have purchased both a square register and a square terminal and love the processing speed and experience of square but with out the ability for multiple employees (barbers) to use the same register, it will sadly not meet my needs.  I often have a client that has a child or two that get their haircuts done by different barbers and they pay with one transaction.  That transaction needs to have the ability to assign (credit for commission) who performed the service as well as the ability to split (give credit) any tips.

Message 19 of 47

Thank you for letting us know a bit more about how you operate, @Groompella! I can definitely see why you'd need the ability to assign several staff members to a ticket. Insights like yours are beneficial and we appreciate you sharing what does, and doesn't work for you. 

Message 20 of 47

I probably need to call Square directly but wondered if anyone knows why our transactions are no longer separated by employee and instead just have our company name on each transaction? It complicated our record keeping and I need to know how to go back to filtering by each employee...

Message 21 of 47