x

How do I track employee sales?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can I have a user ID requirement per transaction?]

Hello.

I would like to require a user ID to be entered for each transaction so I can track who took the money for each transaction (multiple cashiers - one station).

It is like a copier code. You go to the copier but before you can make a copy you have to enter a 4 digit ID.

Can I do that with Teams?

Can I do that at all?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 269
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @chlp!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Yes, with Team Management Plus you can track employee sales. They will type in a 4-digit code when taking a sale, so that payment will then be associated with their name. Then you can run reports based on employee, and when you're viewing transactions, you'll be able to see which employee took the sale. 

Here is a bit more information on Team Management Plus and how to subscribe. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 238 of 269
268 REPLIES 268

Yes, I am! The issue is that employees are still able to ring up sales without being logged in, thus leaving me with a bunch of sales that has no employee name attached to it. 

Message 253 of 269
Admin

Thanks @denslionis! This helps!

@AshleyK gives some suggestions here that might pinpoint why your employees are still able to process transactions without them being logged in. Check those settings that she mentions and see if that helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 254 of 269

Hi, I'm having a similar issue on only one ipad. It's almost as though this one ipad does not recognize that i have team management plus. The other ipads do. I have tried to uninstall it and also logged out and back in

Message 255 of 269
Alumni

@Hisangel are you having trouble finding the Passcode setting to enable? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 256 of 269

Please Help! I am setting up square register for a med spa and need to track sales by employee as they are commission based. We are NOT using square payroll. We have a receptionist that will be processing ALL transactions, the aestheticians / nurses  will not be checking out their own people. Only 1 person will process payments - however we have to code it to a rep - how quickbooks does. Please help! Thank you!

Message 257 of 269
Alumni

Hey @Deb2020. To track employee sales, sign up for Team plus and give each employee a 4 digit passcode. Your receptionist can punch in your employee's pass code in the register to record the sale under them. 

Check out this thread to get started. 

Justin
Message 258 of 269

Thank you!

Message 259 of 269
Square Community Moderator

Let us know if anything else comes up, @Deb2020!

Joe
Message 260 of 269
Beta Member

I have 3 employees per shift, how can I track their individual sales using 1 POS?

Message 261 of 269

Hey there, @fabianzoon

Welcome to the Community. 

You have the option to track Employee Sales if you use the Team Plus subscriptions. Through that, you'd be able to add a PIN the employee could enter before taking a transaction. 

I moved your post to a thread where other sellers have asked something similar. Look at the Best Answer by @Isabelle__ for some additional info. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 262 of 269

We have square appointments for my salon.  We are able to track commission for appointments/services and any items associated with an appointment.  However, if a client comes in only to purchase products and does not have a service scheduled, I cannot find a way to attach their stylist to the transaction for commission on those products.  How can I do this?  Right now, we had to create a "service" which we call "Retail Only Ticket" so we can assign a team member, but then that has a bunch of fake appointments in our appointment book.  There has to be a way to do this!!

Message 263 of 269

Hi @ChristineC 👋

I moved your post over to this thread where other sellers are discussing the same topic. Please check out Olive's best answer here for more details. 

Message 264 of 269

My reader didn't come I need a new one. [this information has been redacted for seller privacy]

Message 265 of 269

Hi @cyph2479 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Due to the public nature of The Seller Community we are unable to access specific account details through The Community. For assistance with your account, Feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving the matter on your account. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 266 of 269

I never Receved my free Square

Message 267 of 269

Hi @Alcooley2 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Due to the limited capability available through the seller community, we'd need you to reach out to support to get a replacement reader ordered.

To reach support with regards to your free reader, feel free to send send a message using this contact form. Our support team will be happy to assist in resolving this matter right away. 

Also, phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

The alternative option would be for you to go into one of our Authorized Retailers and purchase the reader for $10 and be reimbursed by the code in the packaging.

Find the nearest store to you here: https://squ.re/wheretobuy

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 268 of 269

I’ve not received my free reader order US-780136980,  DHL tracking  105221081304460, last location Grand Prairie, TX on 29 Aug, contacted 

DHL and they said to contact vendor. 

Message 269 of 269