x

How do I transfer my domain to Square Online Store?

I’m looking to move my website from Shopify to Square. I have my domain registration with Shopify though, how do I move that over?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tigerstore55-

If you wish to connect your existing custom domain registration from your old online stores you can do so with our Personal Plan. If your previous online store is connected to a custom domain prior to trying the new Square Online Store, the Personal Plan fee will be waived for a year starting at the date you publish your new site. After the first year, the Personal Plan will cost $6 per month per site.

To begin the transfer domain process, click this link and go to the transfer domain option.

If your previous online stores are connected to a custom domain, like wxyz.com, you’ll need to update the DNS settings for each custom domain to point to your new store. Please follow these instructions to update the settings for each custom domain. Your new online stores will not be live until you redirect your custom domains.

I hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

I got my domain from square directly and its asking me to update the dns settings but i dont see anywhere to do that. I dont understand what to do.

Message 22 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Rachel9514

Thank you for reaching out about this! If you go to your Square Online dashboard and click on the Website > Domains tab, you should be able to manage and edit the records. If you are not seeing those records, please let me know! 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 71

I’m having trouble transferring my domain from godaddy over to my square site. May i please get help 

Message 24 of 71
Admin

Hi @Icey- Take a peek at @Isabelle_'s answer here with details on how to transfer your domain. Hope it helps you out!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 25 of 71

I'm doing the same thing.  Thanks for posting the question.

Message 26 of 71

When I try to update my DNS records with 199.34.228.164 it says "Something Went Wrong while saving changes". Is there a fix for this? Thank you

Message 27 of 71
Beta Member

I was set up on Squarespace to find out they are not part of Square. Foolish me. But now my custom domain in over there. I have seemed help but I can't mentally get it sorted. I want my domain for my square store. 

Can someone help me figure this out?

It has been months where my square store is in limbo and useless. It is showing my custom domain but nothing but errors everywhere.

I need someone that can be exact on what I need to do.

Message 28 of 71
Admin

Hey @bishopsbling-

I can assure you that you are not the first person to make that mistake. So sorry about that!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread for some instructions on transferring your domain over to your Square Online Store. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 29 of 71

I have recently transferred my domain name to the new squareup site powered by weebly and I am having trouble finding where the DNS settings are so that I can add my I.P. addresses and get my site up. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 30 of 71
Alumni

Hey @kswoonn - Isabelle's post on this thread shows you where to go to add your already transferred domain to Square's Online Store. Check out the links she included. 

Justin
Message 31 of 71

I purchased my domain through square. I paid for a full year Professional Plan but cannot access my site since it upgraded. It says I need to update my DNS settings, but I don't know how to do this. Any tips or tricks?

Message 32 of 71
Admin

@DesertSirenLD Check the Best Answer on this thread for help!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 33 of 71

I finished creating my website and I keep getting "Update your DNS settings to use your custom domain for this site. Update DNS Settings"

I have tried to update the two sites and even deleted the domain name and tried again.  But when I publish it all I get is a home page of a free account that I deleted.  I sat on hold for 45 minutes and the rep said that she would email the help guide but never received the email.  How do I get the two IP addresses to match.  Please help

Message 34 of 71
Admin

Hello @MandyJ-

Check out @Isabelle_'s Best Answer which includes instructions on how to update the DNS settings. Let us know if you need any extra help!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 35 of 71
Beta Member

I do, indeed need more help. /: No matter what way I try and publish, transfer, etc from Weebly/Square/Website builder steps I’m hitting a wall. My domain was purchased through Weebly. This is what I get on the Weebly site:

22F687B1-73CB-43F2-8107-FF166E76D6A8.jpeg

Message 36 of 71

Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know, @muse2320 - this is strange, indeed. Would you mind flagging this over to our Support Team when you get a chance? They can take a deep dive with you and identify where the issue resides.

We will keep an eye out for your contact! 

Joe
Message 37 of 71
Beta Member

Hello! I did indeed connect with someone from support last night. It ended up being something they had to manually take care of on their end. Happily able to publish moving forward!

Message 38 of 71

That is great news, @muse2320! Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know. Feel free to hit us back if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 39 of 71

I have my domain pointing to my weebly.  It keeps telling me to go in and change my dns, but when I follow the steps into my domain area there is no dns information.

No dns sectionNo dns sectionDirections- notice the dns sectionDirections- notice the dns sectionWhat it is telling me to doWhat it is telling me to do

Message 40 of 71
Admin

Hi @JBTThese are the steps you're going through, correct? If you're still running into trouble with this, you might want to reach out to your domain host to see if they can help get you set up.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 41 of 71

Thank you, I think I got it to work.

Message 42 of 71