x

How do I transfer my domain to Square Online Store?

I’m looking to move my website from Shopify to Square. I have my domain registration with Shopify though, how do I move that over?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tigerstore55-

If you wish to connect your existing custom domain registration from your old online stores you can do so with our Personal Plan. If your previous online store is connected to a custom domain prior to trying the new Square Online Store, the Personal Plan fee will be waived for a year starting at the date you publish your new site. After the first year, the Personal Plan will cost $6 per month per site.

To begin the transfer domain process, click this link and go to the transfer domain option.

If your previous online stores are connected to a custom domain, like wxyz.com, you’ll need to update the DNS settings for each custom domain to point to your new store. Please follow these instructions to update the settings for each custom domain. Your new online stores will not be live until you redirect your custom domains.

I hope this helps! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Admin

Hey @mennashawky!

Thanks for the reply. I saw that @jboless and @carolineetrann both have discussed the transferring of a Wix domain to Square within the Seller Community. Perhaps they can provide some insight. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 64 of 71

Thanks @isabelle 

Will wait for their response

Message 65 of 71

Hey @isabelle 

I was wondering if you have any update on my issue with transferring a domain from Wix?

This is urgent, as my client wants to publish the site soon!

Thanks!

Message 66 of 71
Admin

Hey @mennashawky

Please give us a call due to the urgency of this issue. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 67 of 71

I have a Weebly website hosted by someone else. If I upgrade my Weebly account with other host will it transfer over if I change to Square as host? When square and Weebly are integrated. Thanks, BA

Message 68 of 71

Hi,

My webpage is made through Squarespace. I acquired the domain name through this platform. Now, I am thinking of switching to Square Online as it is integrated with the Square Register.

1. How can I carry the domain name? 

2. If I do so, do I need to build the website from the stretch?

Thank you.

Message 69 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Heya @KolonyaCarre,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to transfer your domain.

Check out the Best Answer for full details!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 70 of 71

Hi - I am trying to do the same thing.  Change DNS settings from Shopify to Square/Weebly.  I just bought my domain through Shopify 2 weeks ago so I know I cannot ‘transfer’ it until after 60 days.

So, I have clicked on DNS settings square dashboard. I chose ‘use a domain I own,’ the pop-up comes up telling me to copy the A Record @ settings and put that into my Shopify settings.  I did that. BUT BUT BUT shopify does not give me the option to replace the “www” A record.  Like there is o box at all under or in the A Record category for ‘www.’  So there is a drop down box that says I can add an A record.  So, I have done that.  I filled in a box with: www, then the other box beside it I entered the IP address that is listed on my square dashboard for the ‘www.’  I click ‘enter” or ‘add’ back over at Shopify and I get a red box saying I cannot add.

My website is not working.  Error says too many redirects.

There is a ‘www’ down the page on Shopify but it is not in the ‘A Record’ category.  I actually tried to edit that with the IP address from square and it will not take.

HELP PLEASE. 

I posted here because I did not know how to create a new entry.  I am very very very new to all of this and this week was supposed to be my launch week for my online business.

Message 71 of 71