x

How do I turn off Order Tickets?

Is there a way to turn this option off? 

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @Tjfinleys

You can turn off Order Tickets from the Point of Sale app.  

• From the app, tap the three horizontal lines in the corner.
  • Tap Settings > Printers.  
  • Select your printer and toggle Order Tickets and/or Order Ticket Stubs  to off

This should make sure Order Tickets are not automatically printed. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @Tjfinleys

You can turn off Order Tickets from the Point of Sale app.  

• From the app, tap the three horizontal lines in the corner.
  • Tap Settings > Printers.  
  • Select your printer and toggle Order Tickets and/or Order Ticket Stubs  to off

This should make sure Order Tickets are not automatically printed. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Message 2 of 26
Super Seller

I am using an online store.  I would like to be able to print the order tickets for online purchases.  However, if I turn on the order tickets option, it will then print for every in person transaction as well!

Message 3 of 26
Alumni

Nice chatting with you again @MichiganFarmsta!

As it stands, enabling order ticket printing applies to both in-person purchases and online orders. 😔

The ability the separate settings for the two is becoming a popular request from Sellers alike so I imagine we'll be hearing updates hopefully soon. For now, I'll add you with the others asking for this feature. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 26
Beta Member

Is there an update on this one? I'm using Square Register and this problem still affects me. Thanks!

Message 5 of 26
Admin

Hey @Biergarten!

Sorry to hear that.

What do you see when you go to Settings > Open Tickets while logged in as the account owner? Do you see the ability to toggle it off? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 26
Beta Member

@isabelle Yes, I can turn off the order tickets, but I want my online order tickets to print. However, when order tickets is turned on, every transaction, online and in person, prints an order ticket. This is unneccessary and wasteful. I can't have one and not the other. Only both or none in the current software environment. 

Message 7 of 26
Admin

@Biergarten-

You should be able to only have certain categories be printed to order tickets. To get started, be sure to assign your items to specific categories. Once complete, you can assign categories to print at each station. To do so:

1. On your device, tap the three horizontal lines.
  2. Tap Settings > Printers.
  3. Under Use this printer for, navigate to either “In-Person Order Tickets” or Online Order Tickets, and toggle on Use this printer for in-person order tickets or Use this printer for online order tickets respectively.
  4. Toggle on Single Item Per Ticket on if you want to print a single item per ticket. This is useful if you need to send specific items to different prep stations or service counters to fulfill orders.
  5. Select the category(s) you’d like to print at this printer station. Single item printing will only apply to the categories you select.
  6. Tap Save.

Repeat these steps for each of your printer stations.

Note Compact tickets (saving printer paper) are not yet available in Order Manager.

You can also print single items per order ticket with orders received from your Online Store. Check out more on printing and managing online orders.

Let me know if this information works. If not, I'll have to look into where we're at with the Square Register and specifying order ticket printing per fulfillment type. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 26
Beta Member

@isabelle I'm using square register with only one printer. Unless there has been an update in the last day or so, I don't see those options under printer settings. I do see that on the square app on my Ipad, but I don't use that one anymore. 

Message 9 of 26

Great response - works for Square For Restaurants too!  Thanks!

Message 10 of 26

I’m not working with the app

on the iPad. I have the register. I guess the settings are different because I am not seeing that. 

Message 11 of 26

New update last night and there is no option to turn off order tickets just add number or add name. Never have had tickets print before today. Now they print. How do I turn this off?

Message 12 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hello @FarmRunners 👋

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community + sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. 

Order ticket printing is now located under the Printer Station settings. You may find this screen by visiting:

More > Settings >  Hardware > Printers > Select your Printing Station > Online Order Tickets 

Once there you will want to disable the option labeled "Use this printer for Online Order Tickets"

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 13 of 26
Super Seller

I am using online orders with Square registers.  If I turn on order tickets I can print the online orders.  However, if I turn this option on, it prints an order ticket for every transaction. 

I only need online order tickets!  Is there a way to enable printing tickets without automatically printing a ticket for every transaction?

Message 14 of 26
Alumni

Hi @ichiganFarmsta,

Thanks for reaching out on the Seller Community.

What kind of specific setup do you have?

What Online Store website builder did you use (Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce)? Also, what type of printers and registers do you have? (Ethernet printer, bluetooth printers, USB printer?) Lastly, do you have the new Square Register that's black/dark grey with a customer display, or are you using the white stand with iPad combo?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 15 of 26
Super Seller

1. I used the weebly through square.  

2. I am using a star TSP143IIILAN

3. I am using Square Register (Black)

I need order tickets to be printed on demand when there is an online order.  When I turn this option on the at the Register it automatically prints order tickets for every walk in customer.  

Message 16 of 26
Alumni

Thank you for that @MichiganFarmsta,

If you bring up the printer settings, are you able to tap on the printer options, scroll down, and unselect the unwanted tickets being printed out? If not, please provide a screenshot of the settings you are seeing on your side. 

Thank you!

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 26
Super Seller

Maybe I wasn't clear enough with the question.

1. To print online orders the "print order tickets" option must be enabled on the printer.  If order tickets option is not enabled, there is no button to print orders placed online. 

Online order screen with print order ticket option enabledOnline order screen with print order ticket option enabledOnline order screen with print order ticket option disabledOnline order screen with print order ticket option disabled

2. If "print order tickets" options is enable in print settings it automatically prints an order ticket for every walk-in customer.  This is unwanted or needed.  It add steps to the checkout process and waste paper.

I attached some pictures of the screen. Is there a way to "screenshots" on a square register? This is not a tablet or Ipad. 

Print Station settingsPrint Station settings

Print station settings with "order tickets" enabledPrint station settings with "order tickets" enabled

More options with "order ticket" enabledMore options with "order ticket" enabled

Message 18 of 26
Alumni

Hey @MichiganFarmsta - looks like you posted this question on another thread also. I merged you to it so you can see my response 🙂

Justin
Message 19 of 26

Hi, was there a solution to MICHIGANFARMSTA question. I'm having the same issue! 

Message 20 of 26

Hey I was having a same issue and I guess I figured it out !

You have to duplicate every single items into two different categories

For example, Noodle (POS) and Noodle (Online)

Once you done it, Go to ur printer setting

You can choose which categories to print on ur recipe printer!

In this case, you can also set different modifiers for POS and Online Store!

I called 24/7 support team and guy who helped me had no idea what I was talking about haha

I hope it helped u !

Message 21 of 26