x

How do I turn off automatic receipt delivery?

Is there a way to turn off the automatic receipt delivery after running a card and having to manually send it?

Message 1 of 10
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

Yep! Our Support Team will need to help turn off that function, just shoot them an email or give them a call! Check out this thread if you have any issues getting ahold of us.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Oh no! Sorry to hear that @Musedayspa, that can happen with shared cards. But our CS team can help, just give them a call and they can turn off this feature for you.

Reply here to let me know if you'd like me to start an email case for you instead! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

Yep! Our Support Team will need to help turn off that function, just shoot them an email or give them a call! Check out this thread if you have any issues getting ahold of us.

Message 2 of 10

How do I reach the Support Team?  I can find NO link to contact them.  Need to turn off AUTO Receipt delivery for Loyal Oak Books

Message 3 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Loyaloakbooks - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

We can all use an extra hand when it comes to building our business. That’s why Square offers multiple support channels to find answers to your questions — meeting you when and where you need support. We can all use an extra hand when it comes to building our business. That’s why Square offers multiple support channels to find answers to your questions — meeting you when and where you need support.

Options to contact Square are here.

For account issues that require additional assistance from Square, we have a team of Customer Success agents who can help assist you with your Square account.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  Auto email receipt

How can I stop auto email receipt? We have had some big trouble with this when someone is buying a gift certificate and it shoots it the receiver of the gift certificate an email. Help! 

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Best Answer

Oh no! Sorry to hear that @Musedayspa, that can happen with shared cards. But our CS team can help, just give them a call and they can turn off this feature for you.

Reply here to let me know if you'd like me to start an email case for you instead! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10

I need your help to disable this feature. Can you reply back? Thank you, J

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Hi there @aaok - our team would be able to give you a hand with this if you reach out to us directly rather than here in the Community! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

So when it goes to the receipt option for the customer, sometimes it has their phone number already entered, but you can choose to have it texted, it doesn't automatically do it. Why is this not the same for e-mail? Especially around the holidays?! It automatically e-mails the receipt to the connected card, and people get worried that their spouse will see the transaction that is supposed to be a surprise. I feel that this is a flaw, and that like the phone number, it should keep the e-mail info, but give the customer the option to send it to that e-mail, or change the e-mail! 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Hey @Jlavalos - thanks for posting!

My apologies, but I don't have an exact answer to why email receipts are sent automatically while text receipts are not. However, if automatic receipt is not working for your biz this holiday season, you can have Support turn this off for your account. 

Check out @Kelly's best answer on this thread. 

Justin
Message 10 of 10