x

How do I turn off automatic text message when my clients earn a star?

I dont want my customers to get a text message when they recieve a star, is there a way to turn that feature off?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @massagegirl, welcome to the Seller Community! Kudos on your first post. 🎉

Currently, the ability to turn off text messages is not available. Alternatively your customers can enter in a unique 10-digit identifier. This way the customer receives their Loyalty stars, but does not receive a text message. 

I will make sure to pass along this feature request to our product team! If you have any other suggestions please let me know. 😀

Message 2 of 6

I have an irate customer on my hands.  It was her first visit here and she used a card to make the purchase.  She claimed her star not knowing it was linked to her (husband's) phone number and it sent him a text.  YIKES!  Trouble for her.  I do have customers set up with "fake" phone numbers (for instance if the phone is 501.358.6999 then we use 501.555.6999).  So that should solve her problem with my shop, but, what if she uses the card at another store with a Square?  How does Square know phone numbers?  How is her husband's number attached to that card and can it be removed so her husband never gets another Square text?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Square's linking and unlinking of cards can be a bit of a problem.  If her husband and her share a card and he used it first at a retailer that uses square his number would be the one associated with it.  there is a link at the bottom of the digital receipts that can be used to unlink a card from a number. 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/4989-incorrect-receipts

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5212-automatic-receipts

Message 4 of 6

This is a concern for our business as well.
It's a bit uncomfortable to have a customer receive the text when standing right in front of us.
Adding this as a feature would be a simplistic coding customization which, I believe, would be very beneficial in the long run.
(Seeing as they can opt for email notifications if provided)

Message 5 of 6
Square

Sorry to hear that, @BaileySlipper. Thank you for posting and providing an example as well. We'll pass on the feedback and update you here if this changes in the future.

Message 6 of 6