x

How do I turn off the automatic numbering on my invoices?

When I start an invoice, it is automatically adding an invoice#.

I went into the settings for the invoice template and could not find a setting for that.

I  want the Invoice# filed to be blank!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @cooknkpl!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 🤓

Do you mean the invoice ID?

The Invoice ID is automatically assigned to each of your invoices to help track them numerically. While you are able to edit the Invoice ID, you will need to use a unique number for each of your invoices.

If a number has already been used for an invoice (automatically or manually entered), the number can not be used again for another. I hope this answers your question 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5

Unfortunately not. 

You've just reiterated what I already know. 

My need is to TURN OFF the automatic invoice numbering since I don't use invoice#'s. Seems like a reasonable request but apparently Square dznt think so. 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

That isn't a feature we have available. Sorry about that.

Perhaps in the future. I'll definitely pass along your insight/feedback to our Product Teams. I assure you that you're not the only seller who is bothered by the auto-numbers. 

Thanks for your time @cooknkpl

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 5

Hello Olive, I too have this same issue.  Although my issue is that I was able to setup my default Invoice ID, and now it shows up as the same one every time I create a new invoice.  Which leads to having the duplicate id message.  Is there a way to turn off my mistake, and reset it to default?

Thanks, Tony

Message 5 of 5