x

How do I upload my csv file of Items to my Android tablet?

I created 15 Items using Square on my laptop, then I exported a csv file, then I copied the file to my Android tablet in the 'files' folder under the Square app. The Square app on my tablet does not appear to display those items for use during Point of Sale activity. What am I missing?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

OK, I just discovered that a "Location" must be assigned to an Item to allow the item to be revealed on my Android tablet for use during a POS transaction. (All of my initial Items were saved with No Location.) After assigning a Location, the Items now appear on my tablet.

(My business does not maintain an inventory of physical items. My business provides a variety of Services as Items. Some Services deliver a "physical" item, while others deliver informational assistance to a client. Typically, the "physical" item (if you can call it that) is an electronic file that is not delivered on physcial media such as a DVD, CD, detachable USB Drive, etc..)

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

OK, I just discovered that a "Location" must be assigned to an Item to allow the item to be revealed on my Android tablet for use during a POS transaction. (All of my initial Items were saved with No Location.) After assigning a Location, the Items now appear on my tablet.

(My business does not maintain an inventory of physical items. My business provides a variety of Services as Items. Some Services deliver a "physical" item, while others deliver informational assistance to a client. Typically, the "physical" item (if you can call it that) is an electronic file that is not delivered on physcial media such as a DVD, CD, detachable USB Drive, etc..)

Message 2 of 5
Square

Hi @johngithens and welcome to the Seller Community. Glad to hear you were able to get this sorted out already! Feel free to post any other quesitons you have in the future and don't be shy to help others out. 😀

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 5

I have tried several times and still cannot upload items into square.  When I call, I'm told I need a customer code.  How do I get a customer code?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Sorry for the confusion, @deborahsbridal. To get your customer code, have a look at the steps Sean laid out in this thread: Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it?

Hope this helps! If you're still having trouble, please let me know and I'll be happy to help escalate for further review ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 5