How do I use Square on different phone?

How to use Square on different phone?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Here are the steps I think you're looking for:

First, make sure your new phone is a compatible device.

Once you're sure you're on a compatible device, simply re-download the Square Point of Sale app from either the App Store, or Google Play Store.

Then, log in to the app using your existing email address/ password combination associated with your Square account. Your bank account is linked to your Square account, not to the reader itself, so once you've logged in you can connect any reader and start taking payments!

Are you looking for an answer beyond that or does that solve things for you?

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Best Answer

Here are the steps I think you're looking for:

First, make sure your new phone is a compatible device.

Once you're sure you're on a compatible device, simply re-download the Square Point of Sale app from either the App Store, or Google Play Store.

Then, log in to the app using your existing email address/ password combination associated with your Square account. Your bank account is linked to your Square account, not to the reader itself, so once you've logged in you can connect any reader and start taking payments!

Are you looking for an answer beyond that or does that solve things for you?

Message 2 of 14

I got a new phone how do I login?
Message 3 of 14

*Reply created by merging the following question: "How do i get in from my new phone, to take a payment" The author has been notified of this merge.*

Message 4 of 14

I'm new to Square. If I hired 3 delivery drivers, I assume the 3 delivery guys will need a SQ app for their phones. Does this mean we will share the same login and PW for this same account? If so, I do NOT want them to have access to my pertinent information other than accepting credit card payments via SQ. Are there features that can block out my three drivers from gaining access to "settings" and bank information?
Message 5 of 14

I just went through a similar line of questioning with Square, and apparently the best way is to create an employee ($5/month).  Then assign a role of Cashier.  Then give them access to accept payment in the Manage Permissions Group area.  Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 14

Thank you George! Very Helpful information! Got it to open, I had to add the iPad‘s phone number to connect the devices. Thank you very much for your response, I do appreciate you!

Message 7 of 14
Beta Member

Can i have squares phone number for customer service?

Message 8 of 14
Beta Member

It doesnt fit my phone

Message 9 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Tamiholm,

Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like you might have ordered the wrong magstripe reader. You can order another one online here, or consider our contactless and chip reader, which connects wirelessly via Bluetooth. 

If you still need a hand, you can reach our support team on 1-855-700-6000, and we're available to help Mon - Fri, 6am-6pm Pacific Time. 

Message 10 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I download POS on a different phone?

Need help to download POS on a different phone?

Message 11 of 14
Admin

Hi @sam9239!

Here are the steps to download the Point of Sale app on a different phone! Remember to use the same email address and password combination to sign in to your account. 

(If you can't remember your password open the app and tap Sign In > then tap Forgot Password).

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 14

Help! Just received my new IPad, downloaded the app and tried signing on my existing account but it is not pulling any of my account information up? Not sure how to correlate these devices.

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Sounds like you're signed into the wrong account on your iPad. Simply logging in with the same email and password will sync both devices. 

Have you tried any other emails? @SweetPs

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14