x

How do I view a report showing item sales and payment types?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: report showing item sales and payment types?

I need a report that shows what items we have sold and what payment type was used and what fees square charged. 

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

From your PC's Dashboard, go to Transactions, then set the date range to whatever period you need.  Then click Export in the top right corner of the screen and choose Transactions CSV.  You'll be asked to specify where you want the file saved to.  You can then open it in your favorite spreadsheet program and get the data you need.  Note: there's a ton of data you probably don't want/need so you'll have to filter that out, but everything you asked for is in that report.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

From your PC's Dashboard, go to Transactions, then set the date range to whatever period you need.  Then click Export in the top right corner of the screen and choose Transactions CSV.  You'll be asked to specify where you want the file saved to.  You can then open it in your favorite spreadsheet program and get the data you need.  Note: there's a ton of data you probably don't want/need so you'll have to filter that out, but everything you asked for is in that report.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 13

Just wondering if there's a way to view the total cash sales only without credit card transactions 

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Wompen! Great question!

You can view your reports by payment type (Cash, Invoice, Card, etc.) by using the payment filters within the Reports Tab.

You can learn more about general reporting features with this helpful resource.

I've also gone ahead and merged your post with a Similar Thread of Sellers who also were curious about this.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

Joe   I have a question

If I want my reports to be accurate.

what is the best way to post a payment (for the balance of an invoice) that is paid to another person via cash, check or credit/debit card?  

Example:  I billed $200    $50 paid to me via cc, but the remainder paid to someone else.  

Message 5 of 13

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Sorting by payment type and category or item

I am starting a craft shop with consignment items from different vendors. I am trying to figure out how I can track which vendor items are cash, debit or credit, so I can deduct their fees from their weekly payouts as per our contract with them. Is there any way I can do this? I created a category for each vendor and added their items to it, but I don't think this will give me the options that I am looking for. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

Hi and welcome, @BrendaMcLean 😊

I've moved your post over to this thread where @GlassJudy and @Joe_ provided some helpful tips about how to view the information you're looking for. Let us know if questions come up after you've had a chance to peek at these resources!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

I run cash & venmo sales through the Square app in addition to the credit card payments.  The reports lump the items/tax/fees together.  I would like to be able to pull a report that identifies the items sold and their taxes/fees and form of payment.  Otherwise, how are people recording cash sales?  It would be a shame to have to employ another app.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 13

@MagicDragon Did you ever get a satisfactory answer for this? We have the same question (report for itemized sales via payment type) but the solution higher up on the thread of going to the transaction reports doesn't seem to be accurate anymore?

Message 9 of 13

@MagicDragon I think I have it:

You can see the payment method associated with each item by heading over to your Item Sales tab, then specify *Display By Payment Method* *Filter by/ Item*.

Then if you click the arrow beside the payment type, it will show individual sales using that type for the date range entered above. 

Message 10 of 13

Oh my gosh!  I do believe you are on to something!  It is a bit of a jostle to put together the whole picture (gross, discounts, sales tax, etc), but this is a HUGE help. Thank you SO much.

Message 11 of 13

How do I print payment type and source in sales summary report. When I download the report payment type is missing. Thank you.

Message 12 of 13
Admin

Hi @RozzisCatering! Check out this thread I moved your question to. Hoping the answers here help you out!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 13