x

How do we apply a coupon to a purchase?

I did marketing campaign and released a coupon. How do I apply coupon when customer present it at register? I want to track the coupon usage and redemption code

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 3 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

I am trying to figure that out too!  Is there a place to put the code that the customer has?  Are there instructions anywhere on how this tool works?

Message 2 of 18
Super Seller

Message 3 of 18
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for sharing! 

@Thrift2Gift @sirens - As VanKalkerFarms pointed out, you can redeem rewards from the Square app by searching for your customer’s reward code, receipt email address or phone number. Check out the linked article for more details. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 18

Someone messaged me about an issue, to thank her I sent her a $4 coupon... she's the only one that has that coupon. 

And we have the square rewards program where they get so many stars and get $ off... I don't think we were told to pre-set a reward catagory up, so when it says to search for rewards in items... we don't have that... not sure what we need to do!

Jen  

Message 5 of 18

I just started a 30 trial on email marketing, so I'm new to this all.  Maybe I missed it, but I can't find a reference to coupons and how to redeem coupons.  I see that there is instructions on how to reedeem 'rewards', it must be the same redemption process.  I wish there was a little blurb in the 'redeem' section that stated it applied to coupons as well.

Message 6 of 18

Hey @greg408! I see how "rewards" could be a little confusing when redeeming a coupon. I will make sure to share this feedback with the Product Team. The reward redemption flow is the same for redeeming a coupon. @VanKalkerFarms posted a great article at the top of this thread on it! 😃

Message 7 of 18

It's sad that you guys haven't implemented this anywhere else but in this thread. You need to change your verbiage. It's 2 years later and we're still confused about how to use it. I don't see redeem anywhere in my android app. I know I'm missing something. Please update your documentation so that people don't have to search for an answer by going through articles and forums. The answer should be in the instruction manual. How can I use the software if the instructions are out of date or incorrect? Please fix ASAP, as I still don't know how to redeem coupons, which are NOT rewards.

Message 8 of 18

2 years later and still haven't fixed it. This is what happens when software updates take importance over actual aoftware usage. Build, build, build, and no instructions at all. Sad. We really like Square, but man, some of the things need more explaining. Like, when we set up the POS, the video we found on youtube was riddled with holes and lack of explanation.s

Message 9 of 18

Unfortunately, that button does not exist under Items. Please update!

Message 10 of 18
Admin

Hey @couchlandcoffee. Sorry that this isn't clear when it comes to using Android. If you're wanting to apply a regular coupon to a customer's transaction that is NOT a loyalty reward, those steps are listed in this article.

You'll specifically want to look for the icon that's shown in the above article, the one with the three dots and three horizontal lines. You'll then see the button that says Redeem Rewards which you'll need to select. Then in the top right hand corner you'll see a blue button that says Use Code. That is where you'll be able to enter your customers 6 digit coupon codes to apply to their transactions.

I hope this helps clarify the checkout flow for you. But please let me know if any other questions comes up.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 11 of 18

Hi @nika,

The article I see everyone being directed to for Applying Coupons is for the Square App, not the Terminal. I am attempting to figure out how to apply a Coupon to purchase on a Square Terminal when a staff member grabs an item for personal or company consumption.

I was told to create Coupons to be able to "Zero Out" products like drinks or items used within our shop. I want to maintain a good inventory and not have to go into the product details to adjust the quantity each time. I was recommended to make Coupons to adjust the pricing, 100%, 50%, 20%, 10%, etc. How do I apply these to an item to clear the cost and maintain inventory? I have been on a Chat with no help for my issue. Thank You.

Message 12 of 18

so custmer come with tell the cashier the reward code below and the code ,how i can redeem it or how do i know its not exp?

Message 13 of 18

Hello @babylon, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm sorry about the delay, but check out VanKalkerFarms answer at the top of this page! They linked out to a great article on how to apply coupons and rewards. 

Also the Square Point of Sale app will be able to tell if the the coupon code is expired or not. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back! 😃

Message 14 of 18

Am I missing something? I already am subsribed to Marketing but it appears Marketing as related to sending discounts & offers is useless unless I also subscribe to  Rewards?

Message 15 of 18

Whoops - I mean Loyalty.

Message 16 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @VintageInsp

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. Can you provide more details around what you're seeing or what you're needing clarification on? 

Message 17 of 18
Beta Member

I haven't been able to figure this out either. When I talked with a customer service person a few days ago they said because I'm using an android (not Apple) for my Square Appointments app that I have to use a discount work around. However when I went to the online platform this was also the same issue. Very disappointing. If your going to put out a feature make sure your customers can utilize it in a easy convenient way. 

Message 18 of 18