x
Beta Member

How do we disable CashApp from our website?

Could someone direct me to the settings to disable CashApp from my site? I hadn't noticed it until today as I'm updating my items for the holidays, and I HATE it. I feel like it cheapens our site and our brand. I don't want the ugly dollar sign logo and an option to make payments on a $35 purchase - that's terrible and honestly feels irresponsible!  

BuzzMO_0-1634186143675.png

Help!

Message 1 of 37
5 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @BuzzMO, if you go into Square Online > Settings > Checkout - there is an option to disable CashApp.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 37
Beta Member

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I don't have Square Online as an option, and none of these get me to those settings 😞   (Also, my settings on Square POS/Register only show me Hardware and Favorites, not checkout). I used to see this options, but since we subscribed to Square for Retail back in May, that's all we see:

BuzzMO_0-1634221170466.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 37

Best Answer

I had not yet initiated contact with support. Was not optimistic after others had no assistance for weeks. Though the option to not accept Cash App has appeared and is now turned it off, the banner is still there. Ideally, you provide Square sellers the option to disable it without having to reach out to a developer.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 37
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thank you again for your feedback, @beanfosters 

I just want to make sure I understand, but you are referring to the Buy Now Pay Later option that shows up on the item page? You do still need this removed? I can see about escalating this, but agree it would be helpful to have control over whether or not you wish to display the option (like with Google or Apple Pay). 

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 37

Best Answer

I am having this very same issue, yet no one from any customer service department wants to say they know how to remove it.

View Best Answer >

Message 37 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @BuzzMO, if you go into Square Online > Settings > Checkout - there is an option to disable CashApp.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 2 of 37
Beta Member

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I don't have Square Online as an option, and none of these get me to those settings 😞   (Also, my settings on Square POS/Register only show me Hardware and Favorites, not checkout). I used to see this options, but since we subscribed to Square for Retail back in May, that's all we see:

BuzzMO_0-1634221170466.png

Message 3 of 37

Hey there @BuzzMO 👋 

I was reviewing your request and was not able to find this option active on your site. Were you able to get this addressed? If not our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment,  I you need to please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 37
Beta Member

Hi @JJ_ 

I have an open ticket. Jazmyn wrote me yesterday 10/14 at 9:32 a.m. with the following:

Your customers can pay with Cash App while checking out from your Square Online site. To toggle this feature on or off:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Checkout or Shared Settings > Checkout.
  2. Under Cash App, toggle the Accept Cash App Payments on or off  option.

I wrote back at 9:50 a.m. that I don't have these options available to me and as of this evening (10/15 10:20 p.m.) have not yet heard back. If it's possible to escalate, I would appreciate it. I have a special item I want to email to 200 VIP customers and I really really really don't want to do it with the CashApp financing option showing up 😞

Thanks.

Message 5 of 37

Hello @BuzzMO,

Im stepping in here for JJ while he is out of the office 😊.

I can confirm the instructions provided by Jazmyn are accurate for turning this feature off  within online store.  However, In attempting to walk through this on my own demo account, I can see what you are referring to with regards to this feature not being located in the area specified. 🤔

If you are not able to see this, it is worthwhile to have the engineering team take a dive into this. I will follow up with the advocate so that we can receive a status on this ticket as well. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention too!

Frida
Message 6 of 37
Beta Member

Hi @Frida ,

Thank you for your assistance on this. I haven't seen any further communication in my email yet, but I hope a fix might be forthcoming soon. If there's a good way to for me to check on a ticket number, please feel free to contact me at my email. 

Thank you.

Message 7 of 37
Beta Member

Support did take care of it. I do not have the option to manage it though. In fact, I don't see the option anymore to manage any of my payment types. I don't know when the menu disappeared. 

Message 8 of 37

You wont find your checkout options from the Dashboard settings. From your Dashboard you are going to choose the Online option, first. From there you'll choose the Settings option, then choose Checkout. It confused me for a bit too. Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 37
Beta Member

Yes, you're right, it's there now! This is one of the many places I looked for a couple of weeks ago and I'm glad to see the option is there now so we can control it. @IslandCE I appreciate the note, because I had to go through support to turn it off previously. When I went back in today, the option was not only there, but had been turned back ON! Crimminy! @Frida  and @JJ_  you should know that the option does appear now, but for anyone who had a ticket through Support to turn it off, it may be turned back ON for them; it was for me! I have turned it off myself now and will monitor it. 

Message 10 of 37

I do not see it under checkout settings. Should it be under Customer Inputs, Store Policies, or Advanced Settings?

Seriously, asking customers to finance lattes is so trashy.

Message 11 of 37

We apologize for this situation @beanfosters. Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here: squ.re/contactsqsupport 

JJ
Message 12 of 37

I followed the instructions listed... Cash App was never turned on, but the "Pay in 4 interest-free installments" button still appears on my website. I hit the toggle switch on and then back off, just to see if that might change things. It did not. I also do not want that appearing on my website.

Message 13 of 37

Hi there @NettasNursery

If that banner is continuing to show on you website even after toggling that off, we recommend contacting our Customer Success team directly. They may need to do a deeper look into why it is continuing to show. 

https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Ellie
Message 14 of 37

Thanks. I'll do that.

Message 15 of 37

Same thing is happening to our site. Sorry to be negative on the board but this kind of dive bomb lousy app dropping you guys are doing onto the store sites is driving me absolutely crazy. I just spent 90 minutes trying to turn this off myself.. read thru the difficult to find self sourced help site and same experice. I toggled the stupid feature off and it doenst remove the cheap lousy pop up mentioned. C'mon square you have to do better than this.

Message 16 of 37

I had to contact their Customer Success team... it was sent onwards to their developers. It took almost three weeks, but they did remove it.

Message 17 of 37

so unfortuante the platform is becoming more and more convaluted.. thanks NettasNursery!

Message 18 of 37

Sorry to hear you are not liking the feature, @HAD 

Have you had any feedback from your customers about it? Buy Now, Pay Later is a pretty popular option that is being offered more and more through ecommerce sites. If you do not want to offer it on your website, though, our support team can help you remove the option. When you get a chance, please reach out to the support team here

Message 19 of 37

Hilarious response. This is surely a popular feature to share with investors. However, Square sellers did not want this plastered on all business websites without notice. Our customers do not want to finance their lattes and pastries. Making square sellers who are already paying for web hosting and processing jump through hoops with support teams for three weeks to remove Square's self-serving advertising is poor business practice.

Message 20 of 37

Thank you for your feedback, @beanfosters I completely understand what you are saying, and I agree it does not make a lot of sense to offer a financing option for a small coffee order. 

Were you able to get the feature removed from your site already with help from support, or do you still need assistance with this? 

Message 21 of 37