x
Highlighted

How do you Duplicate Inventory to a second location ?

I'm opening a second location late this year/early 2019 and I would like to know if it is possible to copy everything like items, discounts, modifiers, etc from store #1 to #2.

We have quite a large number items and modifiers for them and I would really like an easier way to set up store #2 then having to add everything one item at a time
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: How do you Duplicate Inventory to a second location ?

Best Answer

Yes you can!

Here are the steps on the Web Dashboard:

1. Accounts & Settings

2. Locations

3. Setup & Click on the New Location

4. Scroll to the bottom - "Match item Library from another Location"

5. Select a Location to Match

6. Bingo Bango!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super Seller

Best Answer

Yes you can!

Here are the steps on the Web Dashboard:

1. Accounts & Settings

2. Locations

3. Setup & Click on the New Location

4. Scroll to the bottom - "Match item Library from another Location"

5. Select a Location to Match

6. Bingo Bango!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted

THANK YOU!

Message 3 of 10
Highlighted

Transfer Inventory through POS App

Is there a way to have the ability to transfer inventory between multi-locations on the POS app? I just joined a 30 day trial for Square for Retail to see if the functions offered can be done by my staff at retail locations. However, it seems that the function to transfer inventory across locations and create purchase orders can only be done on the online dashboard? I am the only admin, and wouldn't make sense to give my retail staff to have access to the online dashboard. Also, it doesn't seem convenient that they would have to go online to do this, when all features should be accessible through the app.

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Transfer Inventory through POS App

Hey there, @TiffanyNR

Welcome back to the Community!

Check out this thread for getting your Inventory across multiple locations. I moved your post over to a thread, so you can see the Best Answer by our Super Seller Pesso

Please reach out if that doesn't do the trick! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 10
Highlighted

Hello @Kassi_ 

I'm not trying to duplicate inventory across multiple locations. This question has been moved to a wrong thread.

1. Transfer items between locations (in an example where one location has zero inventory and wants some inventory from another location). It's the feature where you can transfer stock on the online dashboard. But my questions is whether this feature is only available on dashboard or can it be available on the POS app.

2. Creating purchase orders can only be done via online dashboard? Is this feature also available on the POS app?

(Initial questions posted below for reference:)

Is there a way to have the ability to transfer inventory between multi-locations on the POS app? I just joined a 30 day trial for Square for Retail to see if the functions offered can be done by my staff at retail locations. However, it seems that the function to transfer inventory across locations and create purchase orders can only be done on the online dashboard? I am the only admin, and wouldn't make sense to give my retail staff to have access to the online dashboard. Also, it doesn't seem convenient that they would have to go online to do this, when all features should be accessible through the app.

Message 6 of 10
Highlighted

@Kassi_ 

Reposting

I'm not trying to duplicate inventory across multiple locations. This question has been moved to a wrong thread.

1. Transfer items between locations (in an example where one location has zero inventory and wants some inventory from another location). It's the feature where you can transfer stock on the online dashboard. But my questions is whether this feature is only available on dashboard or can it be available on the POS app.

2. Creating purchase orders can only be done via online dashboard? Is this feature also available on the POS app?

(Initial questions posted below for reference:)

Is there a way to have the ability to transfer inventory between multi-locations on the POS app? I just joined a 30 day trial for Square for Retail to see if the functions offered can be done by my staff at retail locations. However, it seems that the function to transfer inventory across locations and create purchase orders can only be done on the online dashboard? I am the only admin, and wouldn't make sense to give my retail staff to have access to the online dashboard. Also, it doesn't seem convenient that they would have to go online to do this, when all features should be accessible through the app.

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Admin

@TiffanyNR

Sorry about that! Thank you for clarifying. 

1. Currently, the only way to add to your inventory would be to manually add it to each item. The only reasons you can select are 

2. Purchase Orders are only able to be created through the Dashboard. Here is a Support Article about Purchase Order Management. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 8 of 10
Highlighted

@Kassi_ 

Hello Kassi,

Can I input a request for these features? It would make sense for the store (who has control over inventory management) has the ability to create a PO based on store needs.  Also, for transfer amongst stores within their control.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Admin

Thanks for reaching back out @TiffanyNR - I can step in for Kassi here. We can definitely pass along these feature requests to our Product Teams! I will make sure we get some visibility here.

Thanks, again! 

Joe
Message 10 of 10