x

How do you block customer from making an appointment during a break/lunch?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do you block customer from making an appointment

I am trying to create a reoccurring lunch break for the same time each day for the year and it keeps saying that my end date must be less than a year from my start date which it is. So I did it for one day from 11:00 am to 12:00 pm and it blocked my whole day. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @cindyhebert2015 - I can help clarify here. Because you chose the next day as the end date, the system thinks you mean to block out from 11am of the start date to 12pm of the end date. For example, if I set the start date as 1/5 at 11am with an end date of 1/6 at 12pm, it will block off all the hours in between. To fix, you would just need to have the end date be the same as your start date. Here's how the settings should be to get what you're looking for:

Let us know if you need any further clarification or if I'm misunderstanding your needs.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @cindyhebert2015 - I can help clarify here. Because you chose the next day as the end date, the system thinks you mean to block out from 11am of the start date to 12pm of the end date. For example, if I set the start date as 1/5 at 11am with an end date of 1/6 at 12pm, it will block off all the hours in between. To fix, you would just need to have the end date be the same as your start date. Here's how the settings should be to get what you're looking for:

Let us know if you need any further clarification or if I'm misunderstanding your needs.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 4

So here is a follow up to this: does inserting the break affect how your general schedule shows up on your site? Meaning does your schedule change from 10-4 to 10-12 and 1-4?

Message 3 of 4

Ok, this was helpful for a solo proprietorship, but what if you have a company with several employees? How do you set lunch time and break times for each one? 

Message 4 of 4