x

Block Clients

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

6 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

This forum doesn't seem to work getting this feature to the proper channels. It for the customer to feel like they are getting some where but they are not. Maybe start to go to twitter and call them out because at this point Square has shown that they are NOT for solo practitioners and their safety! It has been YEARS of this now. YEARS!!! 35 pages of this request up to this point.  Look into GlossGenius for booking if you are a esthetician or massage therapist.  

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

Agreed! This has been one of the features missing. I used to use an online booking system that allowed you to toggle or “turn off” booking ability for that client specifically. I typically don’t have an issue with clients booking online but when they are not a fit with my business anymore and can’t respect my time, it’s necessary. This is a feature that is needed, regardless of no show protection being in place. 

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi all 👋 Apologies for the delayed response here but I have returned with some insight from the Square Appointments Product Team! I'll share what they've told me below:

"We don’t have a specific feature for this yet but it’s on our roadmap this year. H
owever, many of our Appointments Sellers are already enrolled in Risk Manager, and can use the Risk Manager’s “Block payment cards” feature to block buyers from booking if the Seller has prepayment or no-show turned on. Unfortunately, there isn’t a good way to block clients from booking if the Seller doesn’t use prepayment or no-show, but this is on our radar for this year."

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Verified Answer

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

356 Comments

Hi

Is there any way to ban client button feature where it prevents them from  booking online? Or if there's something similar to it on Square appointments, can someone tell me how?

I would like that feature on square appointments to be available other than just declining their appointments.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @ivluna,

It looks like this is already a feature request with our Appointments app so I'm moving your post to the existing thread for it for tracking purposes.

I have a similar issue.   I have a customer that is same email (different names) but is using our site to check what appears to be stolen credit cards.  The user was making $1.00 charges.   I took that option away now they are using $5 donations (High School PTO).   I want to block an email but no way to do it.  

Admin

Thanks for bringing up this scenario @Maydays. Unfortunately we don't offer a way to block email addresses from making purchases. This situation is tough when it comes to payments online. While we have no way to block certain individuals from attempting to process transactions on your site, rest assured, the rightful card owner can take action in reporting any fraudulent activity to their banks and/or their local authorities.

If you're seeing this happen often, you can contact our CS team to put it on their radar. They'll be able to escalate it to the correct team who can do some further investigating.

I have a client who has begun internet stalking me. At his last appt, he told me about all the stuff he had found out. He knows my address, has seen videos and posts from my private social media, etc. I found out that his last stylist banned him from the salon for stalking her. Is there a feature that will keep hi from booking? I know I can decline but I wzs hoping it would just show that I was busy and he couldn't book. IDK I was just wondering. Thanks!

Admin

Hey @CrystalNailedIt-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Sorry to hear that your client has been stalking you. That sounds frustrating, and a little concerning.

Please take a look here to view the best answer regarding blocking customers/clients from booking appointments. 

Best of luck with everything 😔 Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. 

I want this feature too.  Get on it, Square!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had the same issue!!! I have a client I had to get a restraining order against and he keeps "booking" appointments all over my books just harassing my business.. it's SO ANNOYING not having a ban button!!!!

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your experience with us here, @Biglovecuts_Co - we truly do appreciate it. There has been quite a bit of internal dialogue on this with our Appointments and Product Teams. This is definitely on our roadmap. 

We will continue to update everyone here as we have more information to share. Thanks, again!

Beta Member

Is there any update on this feature?  I need this in my business as protection from banned clients. Please make this happen! Even saying something like “unfortunately (insert business name or provider here) is all booked up and has no availability”

-must be able to block credit card numbers/phone numbers/emails