x

Block Clients

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

6 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

This forum doesn't seem to work getting this feature to the proper channels. It for the customer to feel like they are getting some where but they are not. Maybe start to go to twitter and call them out because at this point Square has shown that they are NOT for solo practitioners and their safety! It has been YEARS of this now. YEARS!!! 35 pages of this request up to this point.  Look into GlossGenius for booking if you are a esthetician or massage therapist.  

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients

Agreed! This has been one of the features missing. I used to use an online booking system that allowed you to toggle or “turn off” booking ability for that client specifically. I typically don’t have an issue with clients booking online but when they are not a fit with my business anymore and can’t respect my time, it’s necessary. This is a feature that is needed, regardless of no show protection being in place. 

Verified Answer

Re: Block Clients - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hi all 👋 Apologies for the delayed response here but I have returned with some insight from the Square Appointments Product Team! I'll share what they've told me below:

"We don’t have a specific feature for this yet but it’s on our roadmap this year. H
owever, many of our Appointments Sellers are already enrolled in Risk Manager, and can use the Risk Manager’s “Block payment cards” feature to block buyers from booking if the Seller has prepayment or no-show turned on. Unfortunately, there isn’t a good way to block clients from booking if the Seller doesn’t use prepayment or no-show, but this is on our radar for this year."

To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Verified Answer

Block Clients

We really need the ability to block certain clients from scheduling.  No just declining them. There are those finding ways around the decline by utilizing another email address etc. Thank you

EJ_
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hi @mikethebarber

Nothing new to report on this at the moment, but it seems to be gaining more interest lately so hopefully we can figure out a way to help with situations like this. 

One workaround that you can use would be to switch the Reservation Guarantee in your Appointments Settings to "Business must accept or decline all appointment requests". 

This allows you to have more control over who actually books up time slots on your calendar. 

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments feature request: Block Clients

Hey there @UrbanShaveSD

Thanks for sharing this feedback. I can totally see where this feature would be useful for difficult clients and I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team. I've moved this to the Feature Request board where we can track this request.

356 Comments

How is this still not a resolved issue. We should be able to block problematic clients (Constant No shows/inappropriate clients/etc) from booking. Some people ignore accept or deny notifications and assume they have an appointment once they request an appointment. I wish people would read that it is a request, but the truth is not all clients do. I think it would also help if there was an option to change the "Book Appointment" button so that the wording reflects "Request Appointment"

This is a MUST 

I see this post from 2019 we ate in 2021 and you still have not correct this 

Shame 

Beta Member

Would love if there was a way to stop accepting new clients but still have online booking open to current clients. I would also love if there was a way to ban specific clients, maybe somehow 

put to where they had to log in to even see my schedule. 

I would also love birthday notices! If someone has a birthday within 7 days of their appointment, I would love to be reminded of that somehow.

Alumni

Thanks for sharing your ideas! All three of your asks are feature requests that's been brought up to our Product Team. When there are plans to makes these features available, we'll find all related threads and update you guys. 

Thanks for your patience as we make improvements. Merging you to a relevant thread for more visibility for our Product Teams. 

@skincare1

Hello, it seems that this question has been posed some years ago, but is there any update on this additonal feature? The ability to prevent a client from booking an appointment based on their phone number and history of email addresses would be an ESSENTIAL and welcomed feature! Certain clients are repeat offenders when it comes to no call/no shows or even if they are inappropriate and no longer welcome at an establishment. I'm very interested if there has been any progress made on this. Thank you!

Update for me…I’m switching apps come June. It seems that Square is more dedicated to their restaurants and e-commerce clients than working out this kink for service providers on a thread that was started back in 2017. Not to mention all of the money you pay for decent site options and they still want you to pay for marketing…over this company. I still haven’t received a response back from the email/inquiry I sent them about this by the way. I sent it around the same time I last posted.

This keeps happening to us too!! Happened twice today, which is why I'm on the boards surfing tonight.

SQUARE! Your customers are PLEADING for this block/black list option for their own SAFETY! People have commented over and over again about literal harassment they are getting from clients that they wish to block from their booking sites. These work arounds you’re giving us are not adequate options! We can’t sit and monitor our online booking to approve or disapprove appointment requests nor is it a viable option to request a credit card to book for every client. I’ve also been seeing people commenting that clients have found a way to book without using valid credit cards making charging for no shows/cancelations impossible. This is a request that has been made by your customers for 5 YEARS! I only started using the square appointment app in October 2020 and I’m already thinking about ditching the system all together. A lot of us spa workers, massage therapists, stylists work very closely, hands on with the public… and people are actually worried for their safety with problematic clients! It’s not just about lost income here. IT’S OUR SAFETY and you’re severely limiting our ability to set up these boundaries by adding a simple code to allow us to stop these issues at the source. Implementation is key, otherwise you’re going to lose us here. 

I too would like to block new appointment from my schedule. As an owner I would rather the new clients be forced to book with my employees who are still building clientele. I want new clients for the shop just not for me specifically.... 

I would really love this feature, these comments are years old. Has there been an update on how to block certain clients from booking online?